New Seat...Huge Improvement.

TheCor

Aug 3, 2010
In early August I bought a 2010 Trek 1.1. Love the bike (its my first road bike, I've always been deep into mountain biking), but the seat was killing me. I went to my LBS and was looking at some seats. He said he hasn't heard a single good thing about the Bontrager R1 saddle that came on that bike. He did a quick measurement of my sitbones and I left with a Specialized Avatar Comp Gel (143mm).

Night and day. I can ride for a while, stand up off the saddle, and sit back down on it...and it actually feels GOOD. The original seat had no cut out and I think it was a little narrow. Now its just a matter of getting it dialed in, I tipped the nose up one degree last night after my ride, so we'll see how the next ride goes. I'm looking to probably get a pro-fit done in the Spring.

Just wanted to share my experience. Only went for one ride, but its a huge improvement over stock, and I'm very impressed with the quality.

Thank you for sharing your experience, a comfortable seat is definately a key factor in ride enjoyment! More experienced riders may benefit from more performance focused saddles but I am definately not there yet!