new shimano ultegra wheelset

phillip-8727

May 31, 2004
while looking on cyclingnnews.com, i found this review of Interbike 2004
apparently shimano released a 10spd ultegra wheelset to go with the groupset-heres the link-http://www.cyclingnews.com/tech/2004/shows/?id=interbike/wheels
i am assuming these arent the r-550's that shimano now have
have any of you heard anything about this wheelset?

well i emailed shimano and i was right, hers is there reply

Thanks for your inquiry. There will be a new Ultegra-level 10-speed wheel set called WH-R600. The WH-R600’s are expected to become available in February 2005. They feature similar construction to the WH-7800 and WH-R550 wheel sets, but with Ultegra-level bearings and an asymmetrical rear rim to enhance rigidity. More info (weights, specs) will be published on our web site early next year.

phillip-8727 said:
well i emailed shimano and i was right, hers is there reply

Thanks for your inquiry. There will be a new Ultegra-level 10-speed wheel set called WH-R600. The WH-R600’s are expected to become available in February 2005. They feature similar construction to the WH-7800 and WH-R550 wheel sets, but with Ultegra-level bearings and an asymmetrical rear rim to enhance rigidity. More info (weights, specs) will be published on our web site early next year.

Front Wheel 16 Spokes 744g, Rear Wheel 20 Spokes 912g, 24mm Rim, Aluminum Axel and Freewheel Body. Asymetrical Rim in the Rearwheel.
I would't count on Feb '05.