New Shoes - OUCH!

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Mtventoux, Jul 30, 2005.

1. Mtventoux

Mtventoux New Member

Just got a new pair of shoes for the first time in years, with retention straps. (Shiman0 R130) During the ride, my toes were constantly numb and the balls of my feet were on fire! I had to completely loosen all the straps to get relief! They are the proper size, and my toes have lots of wiggle room up front.

Is this normal or should I ditch these shoes? Anybody have suggestions or success stories with new shoes?

Tags:

2. gclark8

gclark8 New Member

Same problem with my Shimano M038 shoes, they are too small. Like runners, you need to buy wider/bigger.. try Sidi Mega...

3. RapDaddyo

RapDaddyo Active Member

Not good. My Sidi Genius shoes felt like moccasins when I tried them on in the store, felt like moccasins after my first ride (~1 hr) and felt like moccasins after my ride today (~4 hrs) 5K miles later. I'd think about new shoes.

4. Hypnospin

Hypnospin New Member

my carnac legends are going strong after 6 yr.s. sometimes i forget they are on. stiffer than any carbon soled shoes of today that i have come across,
    (and believe me, i flex test all the latest high end arrivals as soon as they come in...) roomy toe box, not hot spot, buzzing or numbness,
    (hardly ever, anyway) kevlar carbon straps velcro straps with infinite adjustability, reliability and complete lack of stretch.

i have in the past burned through some sidi's and shimano's as well.

i could buy and wear any, but these are what i stick with. although the carnac new batch beckons. time will tell if i can be swayed.

5. Benjoy

Benjoy New Member

Oh man, good shoes are essential. It is NOT easy to find good comfy shoes and I think it is trial and error until you find what works best for you.

6. imslayer

imslayer New Member

sounds bad

7. soldierx

soldierx New Member

need to brake into them! just like any shoe takes a while and hurts alot at first