New shoes.... ow

Gustaf

Aug 16, 2003
My new pair of Sidi Titans (size 45.5) feel too narrow (sides of feet are hurting), but the length size is about right (maybe a tiny bit small but nothing that is bothering)
Would moving up to a size 46 help this or should I look at a different shoe all together? (would like to keep it around $100 - $120)

Originally posted by Gustaf
My new pair of Sidi Titans (size 45.5) feel too narrow (sides of feet are hurting), but the length size is about right (maybe a tiny bit small but nothing that is bothering)
Would moving up to a size 46 help this or should I look at a different shoe all together? (would like to keep it around $100 - $120)

I have a similar problem with my Vittoria Fox shoes. The length is about right but the shoe is slightly too narrow for my right foot. I'm used to flat soles but Vittoria introduces an uneven spot on the outer side of the sole. The problem is that you don't easily notice anything to be wrong when trying the shoes on, walking in them; pedaling differs vastly from walking. Gustaf, Maybe you should try shoes with wider soles. If I remember right, Sidi is one of the manufacturers to offer shoes in different widths.

Yes - I'm pretty sure Sidis come in wide widths. I wear a D width myself and find the Sidis a bit snug, but I just loosen up the velcro straps. The leather should loosen as well with time.