New shoes, stupid question

Slartibartfast

Guest
So, I got a new pair of DMT shoes the other day. I thought the afair would be strait forward, you
know, buy shoes, attach cleats, go ride, same as its ever been. But no, I get the shoes home, take
them out of the box and this mystery piece falls out also. It's aboout the shape of an spd-r cleat
but its made out of realy rough sand paper. Any body out there know what this is for? Am I supposed
to rough up the undersides of my cleats before attaching them to the shoes? if so, why?

Thanks Jason

On Sat, 07 Feb 2004 03:50:49 GMT, slartibartfast <[email protected]>
wrote:

>So, I got a new pair of DMT shoes the other day. I thought the afair would be strait forward, you
>know, buy shoes, attach cleats, go ride, same as its ever been. But no, I get the shoes home, take
>them out of the box and this mystery piece falls out also. It's aboout the shape of an spd-r cleat
>but its made out of realy rough sand paper. Any body out there know what this is for? Am I supposed
>to rough up the undersides of my cleats before attaching them to the shoes? if so, why?
>
>Thanks Jason

Does it have adhesive on the back?

Some carbon-soled shoes are slippery enough the cleat sometimes moves. So you stick the abrasive
patch on the shoe sole in your own cleat position to grip the cleat better.

dianne_1234 wrote:
> On Sat, 07 Feb 2004 03:50:49 GMT, slartibartfast <[email protected]> wrote:
>

>>So, I got a new pair of DMT shoes the other day. I thought the afair would be strait forward, you
>>know, buy shoes, attach cleats, go ride, same as its ever been. But no, I get the shoes home, take
>>them out of the box and this mystery piece falls out also. It's aboout the shape of an spd-r cleat
>>but its made out of realy rough sand paper. Any body out there know what this is for? Am I
>>supposed to rough up the undersides of my cleats before attaching them to the shoes? if so, why?
>>
>>Thanks Jason
>

> Does it have adhesive on the back?
>
> Some carbon-soled shoes are slippery enough the cleat sometimes moves. So you stick the abrasive
> patch on the shoe sole in your own cleat position to grip the cleat better.

Thanks, they where stuck together so well I thought there was only one of them, when I tried to
figure out if it had adhesive on the back it came apart into 2 patches, now it makes sense.

Cheers Jason