New site...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Uhm, MtnBikerDck, exactly how can the link to our site be "spam" when we aren't selling anything and the site's theme and content are all MTB related?!?!
Maybe it's more along the lines of self-promotion, but I really don't see the problem with that, do you...? Would you be happier if people didn't know about other MTB sites maybe?

Originally posted by Knightime
Uhm, MtnBikerDck, exactly how can the link to our site be "spam" when we aren't selling anything and the site's theme and content are all MTB related?!?!
Maybe it's more along the lines of self-promotion, but I really don't see the problem with that, do you...? Would you be happier if people didn't know about other MTB sites maybe?

It is spam, but I let this one slip through simply because you don't seem to be selling anything and it looked like an alright website. But you need to keep in mind that this site isn't here for people like you to use as a launch platform for your websites.

So yes, it is SPAM, but the link can stay :D

cheers

Seems most definitions of spam relate to "email" or "newsgroups". Since this is neither, I still don't see how it's spam. No matter though, call it whatcha like.

We will call it what we like, we don't want people joining up just to post a link to their site, why would we?

I have no interest in providing an advertising platform for people who give us nothing in return, whats the point in doing that?

cheers!

Originally posted by steve
We will call it what we like, we don't want people joining up just to post a link to their site, why would we?

Knightime - when you post in other threads and add value to these forums, I'll take back what I said.

Until then.....

This SPAM thread is now locked and the link has been edited :rolleyes:

*wonders why this guy didn't add a link to his sig and post messages in threads like most other members do *

Status
Not open for further replies.