New Soloist, PT cable routing question.

joule

Sep 7, 2004
Just purchased a new Cervelo Soloist Carbon bike. Seeing I have a PowerTap (PT), I had asked the LBS if he could route the PT wiring harness through the tubing to keep a clean look. His response was not ideal ".. check the web and see if YOU can do it". Well the bike's still on order and I figured it would be easier for him to run both cables (std brake / gearing cable AND PT cable) at the time the bike is to be assembled. So my question is, has anyone else also run the PT cable internally on a soloist? I'm guessing there is enough room seeing how skinny the PT cable is. Let me know. I got to believe it would be easier for him to do it at the time of assembly.

joule said:
Just purchased a new Cervelo Soloist Carbon bike. Seeing I have a PowerTap (PT), I had asked the LBS if he could route the PT wiring harness through the tubing to keep a clean look. His response was not ideal ".. check the web and see if YOU can do it". Well the bike's still on order and I figured it would be easier for him to run both cables (std brake / gearing cable AND PT cable) at the time the bike is to be assembled. So my question is, has anyone else also run the PT cable internally on a soloist? I'm guessing there is enough room seeing how skinny the PT cable is. Let me know. I got to believe it would be easier for him to do it at the time of assembly.
By the looks of this Soloist on eBay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=320023197969&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=011
There doesn't appear to be room.