Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

New SRAM Road shifter info released

Started by John M · · Last activity · 3 posts · 1,474 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
14 October 2005
Last activity
15 October 2005
Original author
John M
Posts
3
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,474
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–3 of 3
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Velonews has an article describing the single-lever shifting on the upcoming SRAM road group.

    http://www.velonews.com/tech/report/articles/9036.0.html

  2. Thanks for the link. I think the new shifters look ugly, and I prefer Shimano 9 speed because of price and looks. Maybe I could settle for Shimano 10 speed, but their Dura Ace group is really overpriced. Like I don't want to pay $430 for Dura Ace shifters. If the effect of SRAM's new road group is to reduce the price of competing Shimano Groups, then I'd be happy. I hate Campagnolo shifters. The SRAM brakes are not impressive and they look just like Mavic brakes.

    Any info yet on the price of the SRAM groupset?

    I just built up a 2005 Kestrel Talon with Shimano 9 speed Ultegra and it still cost me $3697 !

  3. Similar article here:
    http://www.cyclingnews.com/tech/2005/shows/interbike05/?id=results/interbike0522

    I'm not sure I like the idea of only being able to shift one gear at a time. It's also going to be a few years before we know how robust the mechanism is. As for the price, it's probably going to be high. The prototypes had alloy levers, but neither article mentioned anything about a non-carbon production model.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.