New SRAM X.0 TRIGGER shifters...



plasmatron

New Member
May 24, 2005
4
0
0
in the details really, but they're good details to have...:)


Firstly they look like they are all CNC which looks and feels trick since it's machined to such perfect tolerances...

They also have a sliding mount system that offers 2 positioning options on the clamp, and either postition fits readily mounted on either side of the brake (Avid Juicy7 at least) levers... that means 4 options for positioning...

Also they have an adjustable thumb lever which has a 30 degree ajustable span for ideal positioning for easy shifting...


Overall they're just great looking trigger shifters with excellent specs...

And the factory is in the same city as me...:D
 

cydewaze

New Member
Jun 17, 2004
883
0
0
57
Thanks for the unexpected reply (figured you were a spammer who probably wouldn't be back).

I've been meaning to pick up a set of SRAM shifters for one of my MTB builds, but I was going with the X.9 because Pricepoint has a deal on a shifter + RDR combo.

I have a feeling the X.0 would be significantly more expensive, and I also wondered if the "0" stood for 10-speed, which I'd really rather avoid right now.
 

Tmax

New Member
May 23, 2005
42
0
0
cydewaze said:
Thanks for the unexpected reply (figured you were a spammer who probably wouldn't be back).

I've been meaning to pick up a set of SRAM shifters for one of my MTB builds, but I was going with the X.9 because Pricepoint has a deal on a shifter + RDR combo.

I have a feeling the X.0 would be significantly more expensive, and I also wondered if the "0" stood for 10-speed, which I'd really rather avoid right now.
The X.O Trigger shifters are 9-speed, and I think I saw an MSRP of ~ $240 for a set. I currently run the X.O derailleur with the X.9 Trigger shifters, and the combo works great. The added adjustability of the X.Os might be nice, but certainly comes at a hefty price.
 

plasmatron

New Member
May 24, 2005
4
0
0
wow... $240 is that what they retail for?...

it often surprises me what bikes and components retail for in the US... Like I said I am based in Taiwan, in the same city as SRAM's head office and also one of their main production facilities... As you know a lot of high end components and bikes are made here, so prices aren't too bad... to be honest I don't know what they are going to cost yet, I still have to get hold of SRAM's product manager...

I am putting together a new hardtail MTB project and my goal is to build a bike that is very high spec, but without any Shimano components... not because of any gripe about Shimano (except their 9 month lead time on their made in Japan / Singapore items), but because I'd like to prove to the Shimano obsessed MTB crowd here that you can do a *quality* spec without any Shimano XT / XTR...

and should end up with a very nice bike in the process...:D
 

Tmax

New Member
May 23, 2005
42
0
0
plasmatron said:
wow... $240 is that what they retail for?...

it often surprises me what bikes and components retail for in the US... Like I said I am based in Taiwan, in the same city as SRAM's head office and also one of their main production facilities... As you know a lot of high end components and bikes are made here, so prices aren't too bad... to be honest I don't know what they are going to cost yet, I still have to get hold of SRAM's product manager...

I am putting together a new hardtail MTB project and my goal is to build a bike that is very high spec, but without any Shimano components... not because of any gripe about Shimano (except their 9 month lead time on their made in Japan / Singapore items), but because I'd like to prove to the Shimano obsessed MTB crowd here that you can do a *quality* spec without any Shimano XT / XTR...

and should end up with a very nice bike in the process...:D
I think I read the $240 price in Mountain Bike magazine, but I'm not sure. I remember thinking that it was quite expensive.

I built up my Litespeed Toccoa hardtail using very few Shimano parts, and I'm sure these could easily be replaced. I have an XT front derailleur, and I use XT V brakes. I like the brakes because of the linkage mechanism that moves them straight in and out to the rim.

Good luck with your project!

Tom
 

cydewaze

New Member
Jun 17, 2004
883
0
0
57
Do either of you (or anyone else for that matter) know of a non-Shimano E-type front derailleur?
 

Tmax

New Member
May 23, 2005
42
0
0
cydewaze said:
Do either of you (or anyone else for that matter) know of a non-Shimano E-type front derailleur?
Okay, I'll show my ignorance...I don't know what an "E-type" front derailleur is. I do know that SRAM makes a very nice X.O front derailleur that is either top or bottom pull, and it gets very high ratings. Paul Engineering and White Brothers also make front derailleurs, but they seem to get mixed reviews. Here is the link for the SRAM unit:

http://www.sram.com/en/sram/mountain/components/x0/
 

cydewaze

New Member
Jun 17, 2004
883
0
0
57
Tmax said:
Okay, I'll show my ignorance...I don't know what an "E-type" front derailleur is.
Sorry! It's a FD that mounts under the bottom bracket with a screw into the seat tube to keep it from rotating.
 

plasmatron

New Member
May 24, 2005
4
0
0
sorry... not off hand no...

I think E type FD brackets are a Shimano copyright / novetly... for MTB anyway...

I'll keep my eyes open though...
 

cydewaze

New Member
Jun 17, 2004
883
0
0
57
plasmatron said:
I think E type FD brackets are a Shimano copyright / novetly... for MTB anyway...
They exist because people don't want to clamp a carbon fibre seat tube, and braze-ons come loose.
 

moparchris

New Member
Apr 13, 2004
297
0
0
36
yep im planning on getting some of these, im going to get my Trance 1, take all the shimano off, put the X.0 shifters, RD, xgen FD, pc99 hollow pin chain, pg990 cassette and possibly some nokon cables, and put my F100RLT on it and the F100RL on my XtC :D
 

cheapie

New Member
Aug 16, 2004
847
0
0
just got a new set of the '06 trigger shifters and rear der for $160 and $185 respectively on ebay.

i prolly could have found them cheaper had i waited but i'm too excited about building up my ellsworth truth! :D