Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

New Stem for Aegis Swift

Started by glenna1984 · · Last activity · 2 posts · 993 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
15 April 2006
Last activity
16 April 2006
Original author
glenna1984
Posts
2
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
993
Views / 30 days
0
Topics

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–2 of 2
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I cannot find specs on the Aegis website...so I am assuming my wife's new Aegis Swift (woman's specific) has a carbon fork and tube for the stem to attach to.

    I need to reduce the number of spacers, because they are using up 2.25" and the recommended max is 1.5".

    I want to get her a Dimension. I have one and like it...but I cannot remember the diameter of the tube I attach the bottom of the stem to.

    Also, from what point to what point is the length measured and how do I tell the degrees on the stem I own?

    Thanks,
    Glenn A

  2. glenna1984 said:

    I cannot find specs on the Aegis website...so I am assuming my wife's new Aegis Swift (woman's specific) has a carbon fork and tube for the stem to attach to.

    I need to reduce the number of spacers, because they are using up 2.25" and the recommended max is 1.5".

    I want to get her a Dimension. I have one and like it...but I cannot remember the diameter of the tube I attach the bottom of the stem to.

    Also, from what point to what point is the length measured and how do I tell the degrees on the stem I own?

    Thanks,
    Glenn A

    Take a look at this link for how to measure the stem.

    http://www.habcycles.com/fitting.html

    Stem length or extension is center of fork clamp to center of bar clamp along the axis of the stem.

    The fork is either 1" or 1 1/8" OUTER diameter. Most 1 1/8" stems can be adapted to 1" forks with a shim.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.