New Stem for Aegis Swift

glenna1984

May 31, 2005
I cannot find specs on the Aegis website...so I am assuming my wife's new Aegis Swift (woman's specific) has a carbon fork and tube for the stem to attach to.

I need to reduce the number of spacers, because they are using up 2.25" and the recommended max is 1.5".

I want to get her a Dimension. I have one and like it...but I cannot remember the diameter of the tube I attach the bottom of the stem to.

Also, from what point to what point is the length measured and how do I tell the degrees on the stem I own?

Thanks,
Glenn A

glenna1984 said:
I cannot find specs on the Aegis website...so I am assuming my wife's new Aegis Swift (woman's specific) has a carbon fork and tube for the stem to attach to.

I need to reduce the number of spacers, because they are using up 2.25" and the recommended max is 1.5".

I want to get her a Dimension. I have one and like it...but I cannot remember the diameter of the tube I attach the bottom of the stem to.

Also, from what point to what point is the length measured and how do I tell the degrees on the stem I own?

Thanks,
Glenn A

Take a look at this link for how to measure the stem.

http://www.habcycles.com/fitting.html

Stem length or extension is center of fork clamp to center of bar clamp along the axis of the stem.

The fork is either 1" or 1 1/8" OUTER diameter. Most 1 1/8" stems can be adapted to 1" forks with a shim.