New Strada with M5 Seat

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Stratrider, Jun 12, 2003.

  1. Stratrider

    Stratrider Guest

    Folks, I took delivery of my new Strada last night. Jude, the wheel doctor, had this bike tuned like
    a fine Swiss Watch. It is beatiful! It is also a little scarey. In previous posts, I expressed
    concerns about the high bb. As a rider of a 99 Stratus with over 20,000 miles, the lwb low bb format
    is all I know at this point. Truth is that if I had the cash I probably would have opted for the
    GRR. Going with the Strada was a real leap of faith for me. I will report back after a few hundred
    miles. Thanks to all for their comments and opinions on this newsgroup. Your positive experiences
    with the Bacchetta line helped me make my decision.

    Jim Reilly Reading, PA

    Tags:

  2. Pj

    Pj Guest

    [email protected] (stratrider) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > Folks, I took delivery of my new Strada last night. Jude, the wheel doctor, had this bike tuned
    > like a fine Swiss Watch. It is beatiful! It is also a little scarey. In previous posts, I
    > expressed concerns about the high bb. As a rider of a 99 Stratus with over 20,000 miles, the lwb
    > low bb format is all I know at this point. Truth is that if I had the cash I probably would have
    > opted for the GRR. Going with the Strada was a real leap of faith for me. I will report back after
    > a few hundred miles. Thanks to all for their comments and opinions on this newsgroup. Your
    > positive experiences with the Bacchetta line helped me make my decision.
    >
    > Jim Reilly Reading, PA

    Jim

    Congratulations on your new Strada. It is great bike but you will need to allow yourself a month or
    two to fully appreciate the bike, especially considering your previous bent. I moved from a V-Rex to
    the Strada, which is a frequent transition for many riders. None the less, it did take some time to
    again fully appreciate the Strada/Corsa and Aero. In addition to the transition from a low BB to a
    pretty aggressive seat/bb relationship, the hands forward steering position may take a bit of time
    to feel like it is second nature to you. While all bent ergonomics are pretty subjective and there
    is no right answer for everyone, I think most riders will come to appreciate this position if they
    give it enough time. In many instances it takes more than a few test rides to get there. But
    obviously this is all information that Jude, as a great dealer has conveyed to you already. Give it
    time and enjoy the bike.

    Pat Mc

  3. Stratrider

    Stratrider Guest

    Hey Pat. Thanks for the comments. I expect I am going to require quite a few miles to dial in the
    seat and steering and to "settle in". But thats all part of the fun!

    Jim