new style anti-cycling rant ;-)

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Wafflydirtycatl, Jun 30, 2003.

  1. And this one really does take the biscuit!

    See http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_795368.html

    Cyclists drive ostriches crazy

    A Belgian is closing his ostrich farm, because the birds go crazy every time cyclists pass
    the fields.

    Luc Goethals, 52, from Meulebeke, said: "This can't go on and therefore I decide to quit."

    He said when one cycle tour passed his farm, the ostriches got so scared they didn't lay any
    more eggs.

    "When they see someone cycling, they just notice a bowing figure. And because the figure is smaller
    than they are, they think it's a hyena, which is their natural enemy.

    "And not only the bike tours cause problems. A few weeks ago, people came to do parachuting on a
    field nearby. The ostriches got so scared they turned impotent."

    The farmer says he's started a lawsuit to claim damages from bike-tour organisers, reports Het
    Laatste Nieuws.

    Mr Goethals is now willing to sell his animals for 500 euros each.

    Story filed: 09:44 Monday 30th June 2003"

    ~~~~~~~~~~
    h$**$*$el$**e$n$**$d$**$o$*$t**$$s$**$im$mo$ns*@a$**o$l.c$$*o$*m*$ by getting rid of the
    overdependence on money and fame
    ~~~~~~~~~~

    Tags:

  2. Tony W

    Tony W Guest

  3. James Hodson

    James Hodson Guest

  4. Tony W

    Tony W Guest

    "James Hodson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > >Cyclist have also been known to drive uk.tosspot crazy :)
    > >

    > Tony
    >
    > I'd have to disagree. POB or cyclist, they're all crazy anyway.

    I see what you mean -- their all barking anyway so its not cyclists that have driven them that
    way. Still, the mere mention of the word 'cyclist' on uk.tosspot does certainly have them howling
    at the moon.

    :)

  5. Ian

    Ian Guest

    James Hodson must be edykated coz e writed:

    > On Mon, 30 Jun 2003 11:59:45 +0100, "Tony W" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >>> See http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_795368.html
    >>>
    >>> Cyclists drive ostriches crazy
    >>
    >> Cyclist have also been known to drive uk.tosspot crazy :)
    >>

    > Tony
    >
    > I'd have to disagree. POB or cyclist, they're all crazy anyway.
    >
    > James
    >
    > --
    > http://homepage.ntlworld.com/c.butty/Dscf0632.jpg
    Ostriches, animals that bury their head in the sand and ignore all around them, sounds like
    cagers to me.

    Ian

  6. "wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > And this one really does take the biscuit!

    Bah -

    AFAIK cyclists have been part of Belgium for as long as bicycles had been invented and add
    considerable value to that otherwise nondescript EU member state; ostriches, whatever the spin
    doctors may say, are *not* native to the benelux lands.

    Send the farmer and his damn birds back to Australia or wherever these creatures come from or feed
    them to the cyclists; they are always hungry.

    Alex

  7. >Send the farmer and his damn birds back to Australia or wherever these creatures come from or feed
    >them to the cyclists; they are always hungry.
    >
    >Alex

    Ostrich meat is remarkably tasty. Make good sausages too. And ostrich casserole
    - the meat done in red wine, with onions, carrots, mushrooms - YUM.

    Cheers, helen s

    ~~~~~~~~~~
    h$**$*$el$**e$n$**$d$**$o$*$t**$$s$**$im$mo$ns*@a$**o$l.c$$*o$*m*$ by getting rid of the
    overdependence on money and fame
    ~~~~~~~~~~

  8. James Hodson

    James Hodson Guest

    On Tue, 01 Jul 2003 09:35:45 +0100, Ian <[email protected]> wrote:

    >> I'd have to disagree. POB or cyclist, they're all crazy anyway.
    >>
    >> http://homepage.ntlworld.com/c.butty/Dscf0632.jpg
    >Ostriches, animals that bury their head in the sand and ignore all around them, sounds like
    >cagers to me.

    Meant to say: "I'd have to disagree. POB or cyclist, they both drive tosspot crazy anyway." It's the
    mere mention of a two-wheeled non-motorised form of transport.

    James