New super-ultralight bicycle for sale

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Alexey Merz, Aug 18, 2003.

  1. DiabloScott

    DiabloScott New Member

    Joined:
    May 15, 2003
    Messages:
    2,284
    Don't bother looking - it's an eBay ad with a photo of a guy lying on top of a painted bicycle in the street and the price is 10 million GBP. The lack of cleverness is astonishing.

  2. B. Sanders

    B. Sanders Guest

  3. Mike S.

    Mike S. Guest

    > Don't bother looking - it's an eBay ad with a photo of a guy lying on top of a painted bicycle in
    > the street and the price is 10 million GBP. The lack of cleverness is astonishing.

    Whassamatter? You get up on the wrong side of the bed this morning?

    Mike

    A humour-deprived sorehead wrote:

    > Don't bother looking - it's an eBay ad with a photo of a guy lying on top of a painted bicycle in
    > the street and the price is 10 million GBP. The lack of cleverness is astonishing.

    I thought it was hilarious.

    Sheldon "Carapace Completed Umber" Brown +-----------------------------------------------+
    | ...there is humour in all things and the | truest philosophy is that which teaches | us to find
    | it and make the most of it. | --W.S.Gilbert |
    +-----------------------------------------------+ Harris Cyclery, West Newton, Massachusetts Phone

  5. Stu

    Stu Guest

    you are a tough crowd Diadlo l even saved it lol

  6. DiabloScott

    DiabloScott New Member

    Joined:
    May 15, 2003
    Messages:
    2,284
    Jeez, didn't mean to come off as a "humour-deprived sorehead" - I figured it was a joke, but I was sorely disappointed. I figured I was doing you guys a favour.

    Diablo "wrong side of the bed" Scott

  7. Jeff Wills

    Jeff Wills Guest

    Sheldon Brown <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > Alexey Merz wrote:
    > > > Photo here: http://www.than.org/3621549033.html
    >
    > A humour-deprived sorehead wrote:
    > >
    > > Don't bother looking - it's an eBay ad with a photo of a guy lying on top of a painted bicycle
    > > in the street and the price is 10 million GBP. The lack of cleverness is astonishing.
    >
    > I thought it was hilarious.

    At one point, there was a tandem painted on the street three blocks from my house. It dissappeared a
    couple years ago. I wonder if the £20,000,000 ransom was too steep for the local government.

    Jeff

  8. Werehatrack

    Werehatrack Guest

    On Mon, 18 Aug 2003 16:45:31 -0400, Sheldon Brown <[email protected]> may have said:

    > Alexey Merz wrote:
    >> > Photo here: http://www.than.org/3621549033.html
    >
    >A humour-deprived sorehead wrote:
    >>
    >> Don't bother looking - it's an eBay ad with a photo of a guy lying on top of a painted bicycle in
    >> the street and the price is 10 million GBP. The lack of cleverness is astonishing.
    >
    >I thought it was hilarious.

    And it wasn't a Photoshop exploit, either. I just hope the folks at eBay can find the required sense
    of whimsy to allow it to remain listed for a while, instead of taking it offline like they've done
    with other such items. Once in a while, we *need* something silly to keep the serious stuff from
    driving us nuts.

  9. In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] says...

    >And it wasn't a Photoshop exploit, either. I just hope the folks at eBay can find the required
    >sense of whimsy to allow it to remain listed for a while, instead of taking it offline like they've
    >done with other such items. Once in a while, we *need* something silly to keep the serious stuff
    >from driving us nuts.

    I would hate to have to pay the ebay fees on that auction.