New super-ultralight bicycle for sale

> Don't bother looking - it's an eBay ad with a photo of a guy lying on top of a painted bicycle in
> the street and the price is 10 million GBP. The lack of cleverness is astonishing.

Whassamatter? You get up on the wrong side of the bed this morning?

Mike

A humour-deprived sorehead wrote:

> Don't bother looking - it's an eBay ad with a photo of a guy lying on top of a painted bicycle in
> the street and the price is 10 million GBP. The lack of cleverness is astonishing.

I thought it was hilarious.

Sheldon "Carapace Completed Umber" Brown +-----------------------------------------------+
| ...there is humour in all things and the | truest philosophy is that which teaches | us to find
| it and make the most of it. | --W.S.Gilbert |
+-----------------------------------------------+ Harris Cyclery, West Newton, Massachusetts Phone

Originally posted by Stu
you are a tough crowd Diadlo l even saved it lol

Jeez, didn't mean to come off as a "humour-deprived sorehead" - I figured it was a joke, but I was sorely disappointed. I figured I was doing you guys a favour.

Diablo "wrong side of the bed" Scott

Sheldon Brown <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> Alexey Merz wrote:
> > > Photo here: http://www.than.org/3621549033.html
>
> A humour-deprived sorehead wrote:
> >
> > Don't bother looking - it's an eBay ad with a photo of a guy lying on top of a painted bicycle
> > in the street and the price is 10 million GBP. The lack of cleverness is astonishing.
>
> I thought it was hilarious.

At one point, there was a tandem painted on the street three blocks from my house. It dissappeared a
couple years ago. I wonder if the £20,000,000 ransom was too steep for the local government.

Jeff

On Mon, 18 Aug 2003 16:45:31 -0400, Sheldon Brown <[email protected]> may have said:

> Alexey Merz wrote:
>> > Photo here: http://www.than.org/3621549033.html
>
>A humour-deprived sorehead wrote:
>>
>> Don't bother looking - it's an eBay ad with a photo of a guy lying on top of a painted bicycle in
>> the street and the price is 10 million GBP. The lack of cleverness is astonishing.
>
>I thought it was hilarious.

And it wasn't a Photoshop exploit, either. I just hope the folks at eBay can find the required sense
of whimsy to allow it to remain listed for a while, instead of taking it offline like they've done
with other such items. Once in a while, we *need* something silly to keep the serious stuff from
driving us nuts.

>And it wasn't a Photoshop exploit, either. I just hope the folks at eBay can find the required
>sense of whimsy to allow it to remain listed for a while, instead of taking it offline like they've
>done with other such items. Once in a while, we *need* something silly to keep the serious stuff
>from driving us nuts.

I would hate to have to pay the ebay fees on that auction.