new tire for fuji silhouette????

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by FZman, May 17, 2004.

  1. FZman

    FZman Guest

    hello all, just back into cycling, and flatted my rear tire after about a mile
    on my first ride with the new bike! it's got a kenda kontender 700 x 26. on
    my gt hybrid i had great luck with a conti top touring 2000, virtually no flats
    -- i'm willing to spend $50 on a tire if it rides nicely, and is
    "bullet-proof". any comments/advice would be helpful. my lbs does not carry
    conti, so i want some suggestions before i head over there with the bike.

    thanks in advance.

    mark

    Tags:

  2. Rick Onanian

    Rick Onanian Guest

    On 17 May 2004 14:32:13 GMT, [email protected] (FZman) wrote:
    >hello all, just back into cycling, and flatted my rear tire after about a mile
    >on my first ride with the new bike! it's got a kenda kontender 700 x 26. on

    What type of flat was it? I'd give the tire another chance even if
    it was a puncture; could be you just had bad luck.

    >my gt hybrid i had great luck with a conti top touring 2000, virtually no flats
    >-- i'm willing to spend $50 on a tire if it rides nicely, and is
    >"bullet-proof". any comments/advice would be helpful. my lbs does not carry
    >conti, so i want some suggestions before i head over there with the bike.

    If you really want to condemn the tire so quickly, replace it with
    the tire that you know you're happy with. If your LBS can't order it
    for you, order it yourself...it's good to stick with your LBS, but
    not if they can't sell you what you want/need. Search
    bestbikebuys.com qbike.com and froogle.google.com for your tire.
    --
    Rick Onanian