there a web site that will tell me how and when to shift. I am
clueless. i have not owned a bike in 20 years lol. Feel free to
email me at [email protected] Sorry for the typos.

On 2004-08-04, Heidi penned:
> Ok. I was given a 15 speed mountain bike for my birthday. Is there
> someone here knowledgable and kind enough to answer a question? is
> there a web site that will tell me how and when to shift. I am
> clueless. i have not owned a bike in 20 years lol. Feel free to
> email me at [email protected] Sorry for the typos.

I'd rather send this to the newsgroup so that others can benefit from
this info ...

Sheldon Brown is a great resource. Try this:

http://www.sheldonbrown.com/gears.html

--
monique

"Get a bicycle. You will not regret it, if you live."
-- Mark Twain

On Wed, 4 Aug 2004 16:23:18 -0600, Monique Y. Mudama wrote:

> http://www.sheldonbrown.com/gears.html

Probably as good a writup on shifting as any. Of course, if she has a
15-speed mountain bike, it was probably around when she had her last bike
(20 years ago)! Ah, I can see it now - thumb shifters, side-pull brakes...

--
-BB-
To reply to me, drop the attitude (from my e-mail address, at least)

BB says:

>Ah, I can see it now - thumb shifters, side-pull brakes...

Stop drooling, boy!

Sheesh, some people.....

Steve ;-)