New to biking

RockyRides

Aug 31, 2005
My wife and I just decided to get into bikes for the first time since we were kids. After doing some research and lokking at a friend's Trek Navigator 300, I decided to get a Nav. 200 because of its comfort, stability, and good quality for the price. My wife insisted on a Walmart Schwinn Aluminum Comp. She was OK with the bike till she rode mine and then realized the problems with stability and steering of the Schwinn. So it looks like a Nav. 200 ladies for her. Is this a good choice considering we want to do easy riding on paved and hard packed dirt roads?

I have a Nav200... I bought it as an upgrade from a raleigh sc40, wich is very similar. I love this bike!!! I recently lost 25lbs in 2 months just from biking 3 days a week!!! I couldn't be more satisfied with a bike.... It's built very well, shifts without any resistance, and is very compfortable...... good job on the choice....
RockyRides said:
My wife and I just decided to get into bikes for the first time since we were kids. After doing some research and lokking at a friend's Trek Navigator 300, I decided to get a Nav. 200 because of its comfort, stability, and good quality for the price. My wife insisted on a Walmart Schwinn Aluminum Comp. She was OK with the bike till she rode mine and then realized the problems with stability and steering of the Schwinn. So it looks like a Nav. 200 ladies for her. Is this a good choice considering we want to do easy riding on paved and hard packed dirt roads?

RockyRides said:
Have your wife ride a few bikes to see which one she is most comfortable on before you buy another bike. Don't hesitate to check out the Specialzed product line. They have several cross purpoe bikes that might be worthy of a test ride.