New to cycling and need info on indoor trainer

gpapad2553

Nov 14, 2009
Looking to buy an indoor trainer and debating between Tacx Satori and the Kinetic Road Machine. Any suggestions would greatly be appreciated.

There's very little quality difference between any of the top brands. The one constant between them all is that it sucks to ride them.

don't ,,,,,,,,,,,, ride outside you can do it give it a try a group goes out tomorrow low 40's nice weather for here and they will have a blast with out me

gpapad2553 said:
Looking to buy an indoor trainer and debating between Tacx Satori and the Kinetic Road Machine. Any suggestions would greatly be appreciated.

You ought to look at rollers. NOT hard to ride, helps you to ride in a straight line, ride smoothly and most of all, helps to pass the time more quickly cuz ya gotta concentrate. Plus, ones with metal drums and cart bearings last forever, very simple in comparison to trainers.

CycleOps Aluminum Rollers at REI.com

bpatterson said:
don't ,,,,,,,,,,,, ride outside you can do it give it a try a group goes out tomorrow low 40's nice weather for here and they will have a blast with out me

Thanks for your comments. I'm trying to ride outside as long as I can, but I live in southern Ontario, (near Buffalo) and our winters can get pretty brutal. I'll have to do some indoor training to maintain shape. Thanks again.

gpapad2553 said:
Thanks for your comments. I'm trying to ride outside as long as I can, but I live in southern Ontario, (near Buffalo) and our winters can get pretty brutal. I'll have to do some indoor training to maintain shape. Thanks again.

I'd also look at Elite

gpapad2553 said:

I've had the KK road machine for a couple of years (few thousand miles) and it runs great. Smooth and it gives you an idea of the power you are producing at different speeds. (that is a hotly debated topic but I like it). Great for intervals.

I just picked up some rollers a couple of weeks ago and they are slightly more interesting to ride. For intervals, I like the kk better, tempo rides, I like the rollers.