New to Cycling/Forums

Mathias TN

Oct 5, 2011
Hey guys, new to cycling here and the forums as well. I started running about a year and a half ago, weighed 230 lbs at the time. I ended up losing 85 lbs over a years time. I picked up cycling a little over 2 months ago. I went to my LBS and bought a Trek 7.2 FX hybrid bike. I loved the bike and rode it about 600 miles in a little over 2 months. It didn't take me long to realize this was not the right bike for me, that I really want a road bike. I looked on Craiglist and found a 2009 Trek 2.1 in great condition and a great price. I've taken it on a few rides so far and am riding in the Hoover Ride for Hope (60 mile route) this weekend. So yeah, there's my story. /img/vbsmilies/smilies/biggrin.gif

Congratulations on the weight loss. Cycling can be addictive but that's a good thing most of the time. I kinda get the feeling you may not be that far away from my location.

While I find running to be morally and physically repugnant, you've certainly dived right into cycling. Enjoy it: it's fun; it's addictive; and in most cases it carries very low risk of venereal disease transmission.

Welcome to the forums and to cycling. Running and cycling to sports I love yet dont do nearly enough of. Congrats on the weight loss!!

That's not too far. Let me know if you get the urge to do some climbing in the Smokies.

That could be a good ride. I'm sure I would put my triple to full use in those mountains lol.