New to cycling. Sort of..

Discussion in 'Cycling Training' started by demongrinder200, Jul 9, 2005.

1. demongrinder200

demongrinder200 New Member

Hi all.

Nice board you have going here. I used to cycle ( about 4 years ago ). Total milage was around 40m day. I have been doing some cycling in gym recently as well as running occasionally.

Mostly been doing weights the last 4 years, so I'm fairly muscular with around 20% bf. I'm keen to get back into cycling and was wondering what would be the best way of starting. Should I just do some long slow rides each day to build fitness levels back up. Or maybe two shorter rides a day AM/PM.

Obviously I need to change my diet ratios accordingly , as at the moment I eat a very high protein diet. Does anyone know what the best ratio for endurance sports is?

Im awaiting delivery of a new bike De Rosa Macro Centaur. im assuming this will be more that adequate for my needs..( Club rides, events etc. )

Lastly would anyone know of any good friendly clubs in the west london / twickenham / kingston area.

http://www.allterraincycles.co.uk/product.php?pid=6701

Thanks

Tags:

2. kins80

kins80 New Member

30% Fat, 40-60% Carbs, 10-30% Protein is what I suggest for for endurance training. Go for the higher end of the carb range if you will be doing any speed/anaerobic work.

3. topcat

topcat New Member

Well i think the club with the best reputation around this area is Twickenhamm CC, club night is on tuesday night and there's a ride every sunday which does a minimium of about 45 miles and promote racing very well.

www.twickenhamcc.co.uk