New To Cycling

cycle_chick

May 6, 2006
Hi all,

I'm new to cycling, and need some help. I have all the gear, but I just don't have anywhere to bike! I live very far out into the country, and my parents won't let me ride on the road, since it's a highway. Where could I ride at.

I have a mountian bike by the way.:)

CC

Why do you want to ride on a highway? I always choose a route with less traffic as possible and 90% of the time I ride on local roads. I don`t know how many local roads with less traffic do you have in the States. Here in Europe we have plenty because of a lot of villages.

MTB? Ride offroad!:)

cycle_chick said:
Hi all,

I'm new to cycling, and need some help. I have all the gear, but I just don't have anywhere to bike! I live very far out into the country, and my parents won't let me ride on the road, since it's a highway. Where could I ride at.

CC
You know what really burns me up obout posts like yours is that you gave no indication of where you live and that is essential to your post. Where do you live?????????

That botheres me too. He wrote highway so I guessed he`s from N.America.

Virenque said:
That botheres me too. He wrote highway so I guessed he`s from N.America.

I think its a girl. Have your parents drive you somewhere that you can ride.

cycle_chick said:
Hi all,

CC

way out in the country hey... im guessing u have a big backyard then. get ya dad to hire a bobcat and build a track, wack in some jitters, double jumps and table tops and ur rocking.

Buy a trainer that you can mount your bike onto. I have a cycleops, they're great for indoor riding especially if I decide to go riding and its late at night. Invest in one, its worth it! Just note that some of them can be noisy, try avoiding ones that work with a fan.:)

hey.....I live in India and Cycling is not even a recognised sport here, How do I go about starting to train and how do I proceed from there(I'm talking about road cycling) .......any advice will be greatly appreciated