General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

New To Group/Stats/Goals

Started by Email address hidden · · Last activity · 3 posts · 254 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
13 October 2005
Last activity
13 October 2005
Original author
Email address hidden
Posts
3
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
254
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–3 of 3
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Hello all in the group. My name is Travis, I'm new to the newsgroup,
    but not really new to running. I've been running in the army since I
    joined a year ago. I'm presently 27, about 6', 190 or so lbs, and of
    reasonable fitness. I scored a 260 on my last PT test. My current
    longest runs are about 6 miles in length, and I'm looking at several
    different training programs to try and prepare for a marathon in the
    spring/summer of 2006.
    My initial assessment of my goals has convinced me that I need to focus
    more on a regular training regimen, maybe looking at losing 15 or so
    pounds(fat of course). I feel like I have a pretty good understanding
    of how to improve my aerobic level and ability to run distance, but
    that is all theory backed up by my limited experience. I'd appreciate
    any advice from both long term runners and newbies. Thanks in advance,
    feel free to ask me anything I left out.

  2. Blah. Blasted browser forward and back double posted me. Sorry for that.

  3. You should increase your distance by about 10% a week. If you're going
    to run a Spring marathon, you should start training in November or
    December (depending on when the race is) and you should have a base of
    at least 20 miles a week when you start your training program. Running
    in and of itself won't take any weight off you until you're up to 25-30
    miles a week.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.