New to list ,Test

J. Morris

Guest
Hello All... new to list and just testing the server out seems a little off. Well may just be me.

Supernews.com? A commercial service? What do you see that 'seems a little off'? Try news.cis.dfn.de,
free, fast and foreign.

Supernews' RTT looks to be 200 mSec, 220 mSec, 250 mSec (min, mean, max) and not a lot better than
dfn.de that is free.

"J. Morris" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Hello All... new to list and just testing the server out seems a little
off.
> Well may just be me.

"J. Morris" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Hello All... new to list and just testing the server out seems a little off. Well may just be me.

Welcome, J. It is a fun and informative list. Oh yeah, you can ignore Doug most of the time;
resident curmugeon; not-enough-fiber sort of a fellow. Don't know him personally...just judging what
I read from this imperfect medium. dj.

In article <[email protected]>, jones@
3n.net says...
> "J. Morris" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> > Hello All... new to list and just testing the server out seems a little off. Well may just
> > be me.
>
> Welcome, J. It is a fun and informative list. Oh yeah, you can ignore Doug most of the time;
> resident curmugeon;

Except this time. He is on target about news.cis.dfn.de

- Bellaire, TX USA -

J. Morris wrote:
> Hello All... new to list and just testing the server out ...

After you've been here a while, you'll realize that sending a test is a mistake. Gives the loonies
free license to respond to all those messages from the Mothership.