New to MTB but not to cycling

franco1

May 17, 2004
I've taken a 2.5year layoff from cycling. I've been cycling for the last 22 years mostly road

Since January when I bouhgt my new MTB bike all that I've been doing is Base / LSD riding for the last 4 months. I've then doing my FTP on my road bike bike using my Powertap, and started including L4 and L5 training.

I've doing a few MTB races this year but i still feel slow.

My question to you guys out there, do in need to change my training for MTB, eg cadence or my training zones?

2UTH DR said:
Check out the thread I started in the Power Training section.
I had similar questions regarding power training for MTB as there is actually very little information out there for MTBers.

http://www.cyclingforums.com/power-training/469338-specifics-training-power-mtb.html

Hi 2UTH DR, thanks for the response. Hows your training going and how have you structured your training program since?

There is a race at the end of the month, and I've got an idea of a training program over the next 4 weeks, whereby I'm going to do some,L4 training over the next two weeks with one L5,
Then on week 3, two L5 sessions and one L3.
Week 4 will be L4, L3 & L5

Hopefully I can stick to it due to work and family commitments and I'll let you know how it goes?