New to MTB, which one should I choose?

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Juan Strauss, Jan 23, 2003.

  1. Juan Strauss

    Juan Strauss Guest

    I am interested in taking on the wonderful world of Mountain Biking.

    Could anyone please advise which bike is better for a beginner from the list below. Most of these
    models have the Shimano LX groupset in combination with the normal Deore components: Giant Yukon
    Trek 4700 Schwinn Moab Gary Fisher Tassajara

    other makes include: FUGI KONA ...unfornunately I don't have any model names yet for these two
    - maybe someone know of models in these makes that would be in a similar price bracket to the
    ones above.

    Last question: Does anyone know the bike make: Merida? Is this bike any good?

    Thanks in advance, Juan

    Tags:

  2. "Juan Strauss" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I am interested in taking on the wonderful world of Mountain Biking.
    >
    > Could anyone please advise which bike is better for a beginner from the
    list
    > below. Most of these models have the Shimano LX groupset in combination
    with
    > the normal Deore components: Giant Yukon Trek 4700 Schwinn Moab Gary Fisher Tassajara
    >
    > other makes include: FUGI KONA ...unfornunately I don't have any model names yet for these two
    > - maybe someone know of models in these makes that would be in a similar price bracket to the
    > ones above.
    >
    > Last question: Does anyone know the bike make: Merida? Is this bike any good?
    >
    > Thanks in advance, Juan

    This has got to be a troll. Go back to the violin.

    -T

  3. Juan Strauss

    Juan Strauss Guest

    > This has got to be a troll. Go back to the violin.

    Thanks for the positive remark.

    Is there anyone who can provide me with an intellegent response?

  4. Juan Strauss wrote:
    > Is there anyone who can provide me with an intellegent response?

    Yes; for mountainbike related questions, (also) try alt.mountain-bike.

  5. Juan Strauss

    Juan Strauss Guest

    > Yes; for mountainbike related questions, (also) try alt.mountain-bike.

    Thanks, appreciate it.