New to MTB, which one should I choose?

Juan Strauss

Guest
I am interested in taking on the wonderful world of Mountain Biking.

Could anyone please advise which bike is better for a beginner from the list below. Most of these
models have the Shimano LX groupset in combination with the normal Deore components: Giant Yukon
Trek 4700 Schwinn Moab Gary Fisher Tassajara

other makes include: FUGI KONA ...unfornunately I don't have any model names yet for these two
- maybe someone know of models in these makes that would be in a similar price bracket to the
ones above.

Last question: Does anyone know the bike make: Merida? Is this bike any good?

Thanks in advance, Juan

"Juan Strauss" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I am interested in taking on the wonderful world of Mountain Biking.
>
> Could anyone please advise which bike is better for a beginner from the
list
> below. Most of these models have the Shimano LX groupset in combination
with
> the normal Deore components: Giant Yukon Trek 4700 Schwinn Moab Gary Fisher Tassajara
>
> other makes include: FUGI KONA ...unfornunately I don't have any model names yet for these two
> - maybe someone know of models in these makes that would be in a similar price bracket to the
> ones above.
>
> Last question: Does anyone know the bike make: Merida? Is this bike any good?
>
> Thanks in advance, Juan

This has got to be a troll. Go back to the violin.

-T

> This has got to be a troll. Go back to the violin.

Thanks for the positive remark.

Is there anyone who can provide me with an intellegent response?

Juan Strauss wrote:
> Is there anyone who can provide me with an intellegent response?

Yes; for mountainbike related questions, (also) try alt.mountain-bike.

> Yes; for mountainbike related questions, (also) try alt.mountain-bike.

Thanks, appreciate it.