New to road biking need help deciding!

trav1345

Sep 1, 2010
Hi! I'm very new to road cycling, I've been riding a mtb for a long time though. I want to get my first road bike, and I want to support my only LBS. My LBS is a trek dealer so naturally I will be getting a Trek. I'm trying to decide between the 1.1,1.2, or maybe even the 1.5. I want to know if the upgraded components and carbon parts will be worth the extra money. I'm pretty young so I don't have a lot of money, if I get the 1.1 I will have more money for things like clothes, lights, etc... but if I get the 1.2 I won't have much money leftover, and if I get the 1.5...well I can't even afford it right now so I would have to wait to make my purchase. Thanks for your help, I appreciate it!

The easy answer is Yes.
The carbon fork on the 1.2 would be nice, but I would go with the 1.1. This will keep you in your price range and you can alway upgrade latter. The 2.1 would be the one to get if you have the funds. With the 105 and carbon fork this would last a long time.

Thanks, I think I'll get the 1.1 so I can save some money and get some cycling shorts/jerseys and some clipless pedals later on.