New to Tandem Recumbent riding

Dex

Guest
Hi Folks -- I had been begging my wife to let me buy a tamdem
recumbent for about 10 years. A year ago last April she let me buy
one. I do own a Vision VR40 that I have been riding for about 6
years. (USS, SWB). I wanted to buy a Vision Tandem, but they quit
making them a few months before I was ready to buy. I ended up buying
a Rans Screamer. About two weeks after we bought it, I suffered a
serious injury that prevented me from riding bicycle until last
November.
Spring came and we started riding again. I didn't like the fit of the
Rans at first until I finally got it adjusted to my liking. I would
have preferred USS, but it was not available on the Rans.
We love tandem riding. Easy to converse, great equalizer so that we
are always together, and we are faster than when we ride separately.
There is a period of getting used to each other and getting to be
compatable with each others riding styles. Some advice that I got
from a website - "The Stoker is never wrong".
The bike works very well and we are happy.
Two days ago, we rode 40 miles in 2 hours and 45 minutes. This was
on a rail line converted to bike trail. We are not youngsters! Today
we are celebrating our 49th wedding anniversary.
If anyone has any questions, we will try to answer them.
Happy Cycling - Dex and Jan Henschel - Minnesota.

Dex wrote:

> The bike works very well and we are happy.
> Two days ago, we rode 40 miles in 2 hours and 45 minutes.
> Today we are celebrating our 49th wedding anniversary.

Happy anniversary, Dex, and many more!