New to the cycling world...Miami FL

dragonryder

Jun 16, 2011
Hey everyone. My wife and i are new to the biking world.

I personally have never ridden a bike ever in my life. Im 34 and just starting to learn how to ride. Any tips in learning how to ride a bike would help. We will mainly just do very easy bike trails. Anyone that knows nice parks in the Fort Lauderdale/Miami area would help alot.

I also am into fishing and camping...maybe i can incorporate biking into my other activities.

Thanks everyone!!

Al and Luvy /img/vbsmilies/smilies/smile.gif

Welcome Al!

I'd find a nice big empty parking lot and practice a bit till you're fairly comfortable on your bike. Once you've ridden a little bit using the brakes and shifters (if you have shifters) will become second nature to you.

What kind of bikes do you have?

Hi Al and Luvy, I live in Miami too. I learned to ride, terribly, in 1960.

I keep falling off, or bumping into people. Jody G.? I am sorry for today.

It is a nice and small world, some can say.

Hey everyone. My wife has a new basic model Giant. I have a used Trek...needs air and i have to check the brakes. she knows how to ride, so i am the beginner. Sux, im 34, i just hope im not too old to learn /img/vbsmilies/smilies/frown.gif

We are very much into the outdoors such as camping, fishing, so we will be reading up on places where we can bike and fish to. Anyone has any info on places in South Florida, would be very much appreciated.

Thanks for the advice!!

AL