New to the world of MTB, which bike should I choose?

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Juan Strauss, Jan 23, 2003.

  1. Juan Strauss

    Juan Strauss Guest

    I am interested in taking on the wonderful world of Mountain Biking.

    Could anyone please advise which bike is better for a beginner from the list below. Most of these
    models have the Shimano LX groupset in combination with the normal Deore components: Giant Yukon
    Trek 4700 Schwinn Moab Gary Fisher Tassajara

    other makes include: FUGI KONA ...unfornunately I don't have any model names yet for these two
    - maybe someone know of models in these makes that would be in a similar price bracket to the
    ones above.

    Last question: Does anyone know the bike make: Merida? Is this bike any good?

    Thanks in advance, Juan

    Tags:

  2. Watimena

    Watimena Guest

    It really doesn't matter, get a bike that it is a good fit for you. Shop around to get the best deal
    on what components come with the bike.

    I have heard of Merida bikes, they are pretty decent. They make a lot of frames for other companies.

    Jeremy

    news:[email protected]...