New to the world of MTB, which bike should I choose?

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Juan Strauss, Jan 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Juan Strauss

Juan Strauss Guest

I am interested in taking on the wonderful world of Mountain Biking.

Could anyone please advise which bike is better for a beginner from the list below. Most of these
    models have the Shimano LX groupset in combination with the normal Deore components: Giant Yukon
    Trek 4700 Schwinn Moab Gary Fisher Tassajara

other makes include: FUGI KONA ...unfornunately I don't have any model names yet for these two
    - maybe someone know of models in these makes that would be in a similar price bracket to the
    ones above.

Last question: Does anyone know the bike make: Merida? Is this bike any good?

Thanks in advance, Juan

Tags:

2. Watimena

Watimena Guest

It really doesn't matter, get a bike that it is a good fit for you. Shop around to get the best deal
    on what components come with the bike.

I have heard of Merida bikes, they are pretty decent. They make a lot of frames for other companies.

Jeremy

"Juan Strauss" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I am interested in taking on the wonderful world of Mountain Biking.
    >
    > Could anyone please advise which bike is better for a beginner from the
    list
    > below. Most of these models have the Shimano LX groupset in combination
    with
    > the normal Deore components: Giant Yukon Trek 4700 Schwinn Moab Gary Fisher Tassajara
    >
    > other makes include: FUGI KONA ...unfornunately I don't have any model names yet for these two
    > - maybe someone know of models in these makes that would be in a similar price bracket to the
    > ones above.
    >
    > Last question: Does anyone know the bike make: Merida? Is this bike any good?
    >
    > Thanks in advance, Juan
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.