New toy for tour fans

Superseal

Jul 11, 2010
I am new to this forum, but I have been a HUGE fan of cycling for years. When it comes to the grand tours my eyeballs are glued to the t.v. To become more involved, and to try to spread cycling to more people I built an application on the iDevices (iPhone, iPod, iPad) and for all the android phones. It is all aboutr this years tour and is called "Tour de France 2010". I don't expect to make any money on this app. But if I do I will be donating most of the money to the live strong foundation, and other great causes. But I wanted to do all I could to help people to become more involved with the greatest sport in the world.

This application is a complete list of all 22 teams that are involved in this years tour. And all 197 riders that started this year. The app includes biographies for each rider with personal information and what races and events they have won during their cycling careers. It really does make following the tour much more enjoyable. And gives the domestics and more unknown riders the exposure they deserve as being part of the elite greatest athletes in the world.

Please spread the word to your friends and family.

Thank you for reading :D !

Okay guys and gal's this is a long story so I will do my best to condense it without losing any of the story that is important........I digress, 5 months ago I went to my LBS and put an order in for a brand new S3 frame in a 51cm hoping that this would be a build that would not take too long, how wrong could I be?

I was told by my LBS that it might take a few weeks to get but little did they know or I that it would indeed take 5 months, after the end of 2 months of waiting and the frame delivery being set back yet again I decided enough was enough and wanted to complain so I contacted Madison in the UK with my complaints and asked them what the hell was going on?

Madison got back to me and apologised for the delay and explained to me that there was indeed a problem with that particular size frame in the sense that there were no 51cm frames built or in stock, my order would indeed have to be custom made so this was what was taking so long.

So after many emails to a chap at Madison (I can't mention any names) he finally gave me the news that my frame had arrived in England and was going through customs (this took a further 3 weeks)

As you can imagine my temper was shooting up and I wanted my frame as it was paid for and I grew ever impatient, finally I received a call from my LBS yesterday saying that the frame was with them in the shop and the build would start next week. However they needed me to pop in the shop today (Saturday 18th Sept) as they needed to talk to me about something I thought it was strange but I agreed and besides I wanted to see my lovely frame with my own eyes.

I walked in and they all greeted me with huge smiles, we all know each other pretty well so it was all very friendly and jovial as always, anyhow one of the guys turned to me whilst I clutched my beautiful new frame in my hands and said "I don't know if I should give this to you now or wait till the bike is built but let me just show you"

He reached down under the counter and produced a Fedex envelope and opened it up not forgetting that all the shop guys are there beaming smiles at me, from the envelope he produced one of the original 2009 Tour de France green sprinters jerseys won and worn by the great Thor Hushovd from 2009 and it was also signed by the great man himself.

It also come with an accompanying letter from Cervelo apologising for the long delay and hoping this "token gesture" would please me and they said Thor sent his regards and hoped it would make me happy? as they were dreadfully sorry that it took this long.
The guys in the shop asked if they could hang it in the shop until they built the frame because of how prestigious this is and so customers could see it for a while, so I agreed at that's where it is for now until my gorgeous new S3 is picked up.

I will post some pictures of the bike and the shirt when it is all done, but I just wanted to share this great moment of my life with you as this has made all my years of cycling a truly amazing for me it really has.

So that's my story long I know but thanks for reading it and this is for all the guys at Cervelo and one particular gentleman at Madison UK thank you all so much you made my day I love the frame and the jersey I am so happy.

That's a great story, thanks for sharing! Pictures of the jersey hanging in the shop and the final build would be cool, too.

Originally Posted by Steve_A .

That's a great story, thanks for sharing! Pictures of the jersey hanging in the shop and the final build would be cool, too.
Thanks a lot Steve, the minute I get the call from the shop to say the bike is built I will be there with my camera to take a picture of the bike, shirt and team that helped make this a dream come true for me, watch this space, thanks.

WOW! That's how you treat a customer. Even when you can't fulfill their needs you step up and do something to make them know they are valuable to you. Makes me want to wait a few months for a new frame.

Ha ha! thanks guys for the nice comments, in the end it turned out great but I tell you the wait really got to me in the end, however I now have my dream bike and also the 2009 Tour de France sprinters green jersey due to be framed and hung on my wall, sometimes good things do come to those who wait /img/vbsmilies/smilies/smile.gif