New toy - Singlespeed, Rigid, and steel... (pics!)

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Jon Bond, May 10, 2003.

  1. Jon Bond

    Jon Bond Guest

    its positively none of those.

    Yup, thats right, I'm building up my new bike :) Still waiting on some parts (still waiting for my
    shimano sponsorship order... its been 5 months, you think they could get me an XT grouppo by now!),
    and have to get some wheels built up (either Chris King ISO or WTB Laserdisc Lite hubs on 317s with
    14/15/14 spokes), and I have to canabilize some parts from my hardtail (CK headset, thomson stem,
    easton monkeylite bar), but other than that it's finished ;)

    Some pictures: (And yes, I know there's supposed to be a headset on there, just wanted to get
    the effect!!)

    http://www.pbase.com/jonbond/inbox

    mmmmm, bubblegum and hype.

    Jon Bond

    Tags:

  2. Slacker

    Slacker Guest

    news:[email protected]...

    --
    Slacker

  3. Gary In Va

    Gary In Va Guest

    "Jon Bond" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > Some pictures: (And yes, I know there's supposed to be a headset on there, just wanted to get the
    > effect!!)
    >
    > http://www.pbase.com/jonbond/inbox
    >
    > mmmmm, bubblegum and hype.

    Looks like they messed up where the chainstays/seatstays attach to the seattube. It looks all
    wiggly there.

    Gary in VA

  4. Jon Bond

    Jon Bond Guest

    "Gary in VA" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > "Jon Bond" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    >
    > > Some pictures: (And yes, I know there's supposed to be a headset on
    there,
    > > just wanted to get the effect!!)
    > >
    > > http://www.pbase.com/jonbond/inbox
    > >
    > > mmmmm, bubblegum and hype.
    >
    > Looks like they messed up where the chainstays/seatstays attach to the seattube. It looks all
    > wiggly there.
    >
    > Gary in VA

    Yeah, and there's a whole bunch of bolts and some strange canister thing there. I figure its an
    energy drink for when I bonk.

    Jon Bond

  5. Bill Wheeler

    Bill Wheeler Guest

    On Sun, 11 May 2003 02:13:33 GMT, "Jon Bond" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >its positively none of those.

    You bastard!

    [snip pic of Hypemobile]

    The name fits perfectly.

    Peace, Bill

    Peace The mind serves properly as a window glass rather than as a reflector, that is, the mind
    :-]

  6. Bill Wheeler

    Bill Wheeler Guest

    On Sat, 10 May 2003 19:38:24 -0700, "Slacker" <[email protected]> wrote:

    Oh for krimminy sakes! Get a room!

    :-]

  7. Gman

    Gman Guest

    On Sun, 11 May 2003 02:13:33 GMT, Jon Bond <[email protected]> wrote:
    > its positively none of those.

    That's the ugliest rigid SS I've ever seen. :)

    Nice bike tho!

    Gman

  8. Corvus Corvax wrote:
    > "Jon Bond" <[email protected]> wrote
    >
    >>http://www.pbase.com/jonbond/inbox
    >>
    >>mmmmm, bubblegum and hype.
    >

    > Commander, are you sleeping with it?

    Note the lack of a headset for the frame/fork

    > Not that there's anything wrong with that...

    None at all....

  9. Jon Bond

    Jon Bond Guest

    > Corvus Corvax wrote:
    > > "Jon Bond" <[email protected]> wrote
    > >
    > >>http://www.pbase.com/jonbond/inbox
    > >>
    > >>mmmmm, bubblegum and hype.
    > >

    > > Commander, are you sleeping with it?
    >
    > Note the lack of a headset for the frame/fork

    Yeah, but I should have gotten one of those new one-point-five bikes.... ;)

    > > Not that there's anything wrong with that...
    >
    > None at all....

    It sleeps on the carpet for now. Soon it'll sleep in the garage... then later a dorm room. And only
    occasionally in my bed.

    Jon Bond

  10. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    Jon Bond <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > "ClydesdaleMTB" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > >

    > > Corvus Corvax wrote:
    > > > "Jon Bond" <[email protected]> wrote

    Purdy.

    > > > Commander, are you sleeping with it?
    > >
    > > Note the lack of a headset for the frame/fork
    >
    > Yeah, but I should have gotten one of those new one-point-five bikes....
    ;)

    Growing room?

    Shaun aRe

  11. Carla A-G

    Carla A-G Guest

    "Jon Bond" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > its positively none of those.
    >
    > Yup, thats right, I'm building up my new bike :) Still waiting on some parts (still waiting for my
    > shimano sponsorship order... its been 5
    months,
    > you think they could get me an XT grouppo by now!), and have to get some wheels built up (either
    > Chris King ISO or WTB Laserdisc Lite hubs on 317s with 14/15/14 spokes), and I have to canabilize
    > some parts from my
    hardtail
    > (CK headset, thomson stem, easton monkeylite bar), but other than that
    it's
    > finished ;)
    >
    > Some pictures: (And yes, I know there's supposed to be a headset on there, just wanted to get the
    > effect!!)
    >
    > http://www.pbase.com/jonbond/inbox
    >
    > mmmmm, bubblegum and hype.
    >
    > Jon Bond

    We expect a ride report when its up and running.

    - CA-G

    Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

  12. Jon Bond wrote:

    >its positively none of those.
    >
    >Yup, thats right, I'm building up my new bike :) Still waiting on some parts (still waiting for my
    >shimano sponsorship order... its been 5 months, you think they could get me an XT grouppo by now!),
    >and have to get some wheels built up (either Chris King ISO or WTB Laserdisc Lite hubs on 317s with
    >14/15/14 spokes), and I have to canabilize some parts from my hardtail (CK headset, thomson stem,
    >easton monkeylite bar), but other than that it's finished ;)
    >
    >Some pictures: (And yes, I know there's supposed to be a headset on there, just wanted to get the
    >effect!!)
    >
    >http://www.pbase.com/jonbond/inbox
    >
    >mmmmm, bubblegum and hype.
    >
    >Jon Bond

    Yer gonna be a verrrry happy camper.

    I've been aboard mine for long enough now to be able to cut through the new ownership bliss, as well
    as the legion of both hype, and anti-hype that chums the waters surrounding this steed.

    The verdict is that I totally dig it. It is perhaps the best technical trail bike I have been on. It
    descends with aplomb, and claws its way up rocky, ledgy, scungy stuff with dignity.

    What really dialed in the ride for me was the wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide flat bar and the Talas fork I
    just put on.

    Keep us in the loop on how the build up and dis-cherry-ing goes.