New Toy!!!!

zod

Guest
I was aware althought not many are that their is actually a group of
people who pogo as a sport, but it never seemed that interesting. Until
now!! Check out the newest Pogo Stick design

http://www.flybar.com/pages/index.html

--
zod - Southern Fried mUni

Jun 20, 2003: "I am prepared to filibuster, if necessary, any Supreme
Court nominee who would turn back the clock on a woman's right to
choose..." -- John Kerry

Jul 5, 2004: "I oppose abortion, personally. I don't like abortion. I
believe life does begin at conception." -- John Kerry
zod's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3631

zod wrote:
> *I was aware althought not many are that their is actually a group of
> people who pogo as a sport, but it never seemed that interesting.
> Until now!! *

"Now" sounds like it may start on Sept. 15, when the product ships. It
looks like a cool pogo! It's nice to have pogo sticks that can handle
adult weight. Kids' ones are just no fun. I have an Air Go that I got at
Sharper Image for too much money (1/3 the price of this new one). When
pumped up, you can get plenty of height with it. It's great exercise,
but remember gravity is a factor at all times, and the higher you go the
harder you'll land if you don't land it on the spring!

--
johnfoss - Walkin' on the edge

John Foss, the Uni-Cyclone

"Read the rules!"
'IUF Rulebook' (http://www.unicycling.org/iuf/rulebook/)
'USA Rulebook' (http://www.unicycling.org/usa/competition/)

Keith, If you read this, make sure you put this on your Christmas
shopping list for Rhonda.;)

--
bugman - Survivor 2004 Wolfman Duathalon

My philosophy, in essence, is the concept of man as a heroic being, with
his own happiness as the moral purpose of his life, with productive
achievement as his noblest activity, and reason as his only absolute.
Ayn Rand

If you are into trials or freestyle unicycling it is definately worth
playing round with a more advanced pogo stick for a bit of fun. (you
want one that will handle an adult's weight and abuse)

Tony and I played round with a hydraulic pogo stick a couple of times
and found we could pull off a bunch of uni inspired tricks

-suicide mount
-no handed pogo (ala no handed seat in front)
-no handed pogo (ala stand up wheel walk)
-jump mount
-spin mount
-flying jump mount
-180" pogo spin
-one footed pogo

etc,

--
peter.bier - No time to ride :-(

-Peter Bier

peter.bier's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1506

I had a go on a friend's Air Go pogostick a while ago, which was pretty
good fun. I jumped off the stage in a school hall (about 4 feet) and
hopped up 4 stairs (hitting each stair individually). Jumping down
stairs is also possible. I jumped a 5-set in one hop.

I also did a few other tricks which you can see in a video clip in 'my
gallery' (http://gallery.unicyclist.com/albur82). Its the second
video.

Pogosticks are fun, but not as fun nor as versatile as a uni!

--
TonyMelton - www.unicycle.co.nz

See some photos of the first 'NZ MUni Weekend'
(http://gallery.unicyclist.com/NZ-MUni-Weekend-2004)
TonyMelton's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/2118