New Toy!!!!

Discussion in 'rec.sport.unicycling' started by zod, Aug 11, 2004.

  1. zod

    zod Guest

    I was aware althought not many are that their is actually a group of
    people who pogo as a sport, but it never seemed that interesting. Until
    now!! Check out the newest Pogo Stick design

    http://www.flybar.com/pages/index.html

    --
    zod - Southern Fried mUni

    Jun 20, 2003: "I am prepared to filibuster, if necessary, any Supreme
    Court nominee who would turn back the clock on a woman's right to
    choose..." -- John Kerry

    Jul 5, 2004: "I oppose abortion, personally. I don't like abortion. I
    believe life does begin at conception." -- John Kerry
    zod's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3631

  2. digigal1

    digigal1 Guest

    I saw that guy a couple of days ago on OLN Gravity Files. I think he's
    that same guy that said he practiced a skateboard trick for 6 years
    before landing it even once. Crazy.

    --
    digigal1 - You call this middle age??

    Omni for Uni and Uni for Omni!
    digigal1's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5848

  3. hecklar

    hecklar Guest

  4. johnfoss

    johnfoss Guest

    zod wrote:
    > *I was aware althought not many are that their is actually a group of
    > people who pogo as a sport, but it never seemed that interesting.
    > Until now!! *

    "Now" sounds like it may start on Sept. 15, when the product ships. It
    looks like a cool pogo! It's nice to have pogo sticks that can handle
    adult weight. Kids' ones are just no fun. I have an Air Go that I got at
    Sharper Image for too much money (1/3 the price of this new one). When
    pumped up, you can get plenty of height with it. It's great exercise,
    but remember gravity is a factor at all times, and the higher you go the
    harder you'll land if you don't land it on the spring!

    --
    johnfoss - Walkin' on the edge

    John Foss, the Uni-Cyclone

    "Read the rules!"
    'IUF Rulebook' (http://www.unicycling.org/iuf/rulebook/)
    'USA Rulebook' (http://www.unicycling.org/usa/competition/)

  5. bugman

    bugman Guest

    Keith, If you read this, make sure you put this on your Christmas
    shopping list for Rhonda.;)

    --
    bugman - Survivor 2004 Wolfman Duathalon

    My philosophy, in essence, is the concept of man as a heroic being, with
    his own happiness as the moral purpose of his life, with productive
    achievement as his noblest activity, and reason as his only absolute.
    Ayn Rand

  6. peter.bier

    peter.bier Guest

    If you are into trials or freestyle unicycling it is definately worth
    playing round with a more advanced pogo stick for a bit of fun. (you
    want one that will handle an adult's weight and abuse)

    Tony and I played round with a hydraulic pogo stick a couple of times
    and found we could pull off a bunch of uni inspired tricks

    -suicide mount
    -no handed pogo (ala no handed seat in front)
    -no handed pogo (ala stand up wheel walk)
    -jump mount
    -spin mount
    -flying jump mount
    -180" pogo spin
    -one footed pogo

    etc,

    --
    peter.bier - No time to ride :-(

    -Peter Bier

    peter.bier's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1506

  7. TonyMelton

    TonyMelton Guest

    I had a go on a friend's Air Go pogostick a while ago, which was pretty
    good fun. I jumped off the stage in a school hall (about 4 feet) and
    hopped up 4 stairs (hitting each stair individually). Jumping down
    stairs is also possible. I jumped a 5-set in one hop.

    I also did a few other tricks which you can see in a video clip in 'my
    gallery' (http://gallery.unicyclist.com/albur82). Its the second
    video.

    Pogosticks are fun, but not as fun nor as versatile as a uni!

    --
    TonyMelton - www.unicycle.co.nz

    See some photos of the first 'NZ MUni Weekend'
    (http://gallery.unicyclist.com/NZ-MUni-Weekend-2004)
    TonyMelton's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/2118