New Track Bike

Discussion in 'Track Racing' started by Jonny, Oct 11, 2005.

1. Jonny

Jonny New Member

Im up for a new track bike.

Been looking at a Fuji Track Pro which can be got for bout $1600 here in Australia.

Any of you guys have one of these??? what do you think of them?

What other options are available??

Thanks

Jonny

Tags:

2. Woofer

Woofer New Member

Many fine bikes can be had around that price point and Fuji is one of them. For aluminum bikes, some models don't have steel inserts in the dropouts which is a problem for a bike that is going to have a rear wheel changed a lot. The only complaint I have heard about any bikes in this price range is that the Specialized Langster has road geometry and some bikes use road pitch gear (which I prefer, YMMV) and cranks with 130 BCD. This mainly affects people who own gear (or plan on buying stuff) that doesn't match what is on the bike they are looking at purchasing.

3. runna

runna New Member

I have an Avanti Pro. The 05 model was $1100, but I managed to pick one up for under $800. Carbon fork, FSA cranks, Dura-Ace sprocket. The only things I have changed are the stem and handlebars which were a bit cheap.

It's pretty hard to find the 05 model now, but the new 06 model is coming out very soon and it is a bit more expensive but comes with the Mavic Ellipse track wheelset.

4. GUN METAL

GUN METAL New Member

Jonny,

I have a 2004 Fuji Track bike, very much liked it but only used it a handful of times.

My first track bike was borrowed from Garry Sutton, which i was very grateful for. Then i got a custom built bike from Paul Hillbrick using the same geometry was also a great bike, raced it both in OZ and overseas.

The Fuji was built up specifically for time trial for the 2004 Nationals and has not been riden since then.

I found it a very stiff,aero frame and handles very well.

It is up for sale and is effectively brand new, some pics attached

It has some good bits including ritchey light post and flight titanium saddle
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

It does have chromium inserts in the drop outs and offers a wide range of chain lengths

Let me know if you need some more info, i am in Sydney

5. dbdavenport

dbdavenport New Member

6. brooklyn

brooklyn New Member

check out chucksbikes.com. He has the fuji track pro for $650usd. I'm not sure if he will ship intl but it doesn't hurt to look.

7. dbdavenport

dbdavenport New Member

Thanks Brooklyn~
    I think I'm going to hold out for a T1 Trek coming out in March. In the mean time I'll settle for a beater.