New Track Bike

Jonny

May 23, 2002
Im up for a new track bike.

Been looking at a Fuji Track Pro which can be got for bout $1600 here in Australia.

Any of you guys have one of these??? what do you think of them?

What other options are available??

Thanks

Jonny

Many fine bikes can be had around that price point and Fuji is one of them. For aluminum bikes, some models don't have steel inserts in the dropouts which is a problem for a bike that is going to have a rear wheel changed a lot. The only complaint I have heard about any bikes in this price range is that the Specialized Langster has road geometry and some bikes use road pitch gear (which I prefer, YMMV) and cranks with 130 BCD. This mainly affects people who own gear (or plan on buying stuff) that doesn't match what is on the bike they are looking at purchasing.

I have an Avanti Pro. The 05 model was $1100, but I managed to pick one up for under $800. Carbon fork, FSA cranks, Dura-Ace sprocket. The only things I have changed are the stem and handlebars which were a bit cheap.

It's pretty hard to find the 05 model now, but the new 06 model is coming out very soon and it is a bit more expensive but comes with the Mavic Ellipse track wheelset.

Jonny,

I have a 2004 Fuji Track bike, very much liked it but only used it a handful of times.

My first track bike was borrowed from Garry Sutton, which i was very grateful for. Then i got a custom built bike from Paul Hillbrick using the same geometry was also a great bike, raced it both in OZ and overseas.

The Fuji was built up specifically for time trial for the 2004 Nationals and has not been riden since then.

I found it a very stiff,aero frame and handles very well.

It is up for sale and is effectively brand new, some pics attached

It has some good bits including ritchey light post and flight titanium saddle

It does have chromium inserts in the drop outs and offers a wide range of chain lengths

Let me know if you need some more info, i am in Sydney

Woofer said:
The only complaint I have heard about any bikes in this price range is that the Specialized Langster has road geometry and some bikes use road pitch gear (which I prefer, YMMV) and cranks with 130 BCD. QUOTE]

I am new to fixed gear bikes but was planning to buy the Langster as a trainer/track bike. I have been a roadie for years but would like to try the track next season. Would the Langster still be a good choice for a roadie who is interested in experiencing track racing?
Also, I currently ride an old 60cm Trek 5500. The Langster comes in 59 or 61 cm frame sizes. I'm 6' 2" tall and have a 33" inseam. Any help? Thanks

check out chucksbikes.com. He has the fuji track pro for $650usd. I'm not sure if he will ship intl but it doesn't hurt to look.

brooklyn said:
check out chucksbikes.com. He has the fuji track pro for $650usd. I'm not sure if he will ship intl but it doesn't hurt to look.
Thanks Brooklyn~
I think I'm going to hold out for a T1 Trek coming out in March. In the mean time I'll settle for a beater.