new trek Alpha SLR frames?

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by HermanHedning, Jan 4, 2005.

1. HermanHedning

HermanHedning New Member

I noticed that Trek has a new frame material for their 1500 this year, Alpha SLR.
    Does anyone now if there's a big difference between this and last years frame that's made in Alpha SL?
    Is it noticeably lighter or stiffer?

I just got an 04 Trek 1400 (european version of 1500, I think) at a 25% discount and now I wonder if I'm missing out on something here? :confused:

Tags:

2. boudreaux

boudreaux New Member

Just some advertizing hype. Allegedly thinnfer and lighter than plain old SL. Wooo Hooooo! TreK has it all on the site, tech info.

3. HermanHedning

HermanHedning New Member

Yea, I read it on their site but didn't really find anything susbstantial. Just that it was supposed to be stiffer and lighter, no figures. I'll buy the advertising hype theory and be really happy with my deal :)

4. TKOS

TKOS New Member

There isn't too much difference int he ride but it still makes a nice bike. I have a new 1200 and rode the older 1000-1500 series bikes.

5. Rominger

Rominger New Member

I asked to my LBS and I was told the diference in weight is less than 50 grams. So, if you are not worried about winning the ´05 Tour, don´t worry about that.

And no, the 1400 is not an european version of the 1500, it´s an international version, with full 105 group. The only difference between the 1400 and 1500 at international models is the group (105 vs Ultegra).