New trek: first impressions.

Sep 30, 2017
I picked up my new Trek Procaliber 9.6 today. We had a big storm yesterday and very cold temperatures, so it might be a while before I actually get to ride it.
My only two complaints about my current X-Caliber are that it rides a bit rough (a long standing complaint about aluminum frames), and it was a bit heavy. Otherwise, I love the bike. It fits me very well and has been very reliable.
I'm confident my new bike will ride better, being carbon and having the Trek IsoSpeed decoupler thingy. The weight doesn't feel noticeable less. I made a few changes to the X-caliber that reduce it's weight and the difference between the two might only be a couple pounds.
As I said in a previous post, I've been considering getting a carbon fork for this bike. Suspension forks, at least in this price range, are very heavy compared to a carbon fork. I'm also looking at replacing the seatpost with a carbon model, which is one of the changes I made on my X-caliber. Some carbon wheels are on my wish list for the future.
Otherwise, the bike looks great. Lots of improvements in MTBs since I bought my X-Caliber. Looking forward to trying them. I was amazed by the cassette on the 1x12 system. The largest cog is the size of a chainring on a road bike. Wild!