New trick invented!!.....Maybe

Discussion in 'rec.sport.unicycling' started by president_luke, Apr 22, 2006.

  1. Tags:

  2. Jerrick

    Jerrick Guest

    Ive never seen that, nor tried it, which is weird, cause i always hold
    myself sideways on poles:cool:

    Have you tried swinging around the pole while doing that? be kinda fun
    at a high speed, hard to hold onto though, or, i do this sometimes, but
    from being sideways, i move my body to be upside down, then down to the
    other side,you could try that, anyways, your the first one ive seen do
    this, so to me its a new trick, seems more of a novelty trick though:eek:

    --
    Jerrick

    'MRIS!!!' (http://tinyurl.com/jjjnz)

    Kristine wrote:
    > pssssshhhhh, whos been on top longest?

  3. max_pfeifer

    max_pfeifer Guest

  4. Jerrick

    Jerrick Guest

    max_pfeifer wrote:
    > lol you should definately call it the pole dance :p

    cant wait to see the variations made onto this trick =p

    --
    Jerrick

    'MRIS!!!' (http://tinyurl.com/jjjnz)

    Kristine wrote:
    > pssssshhhhh, whos been on top longest?

  5. edsbelly

    edsbelly Guest

  6. Yeah it is really a novelty trick but maybe a really good rider could
    make it extremely smooth or something. I'm sure there could be heaps of
    cool variations the only one I've done is just a full rev. I don't like
    the name pole dance.:p It's not really dancing.

    --
    president_luke
    president_luke's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11036

  7. jake_amos

    jake_amos Guest

  8. jake_amos

    jake_amos Guest

  9. thats sick i just tried it

    --
    skianduniaddict

    number1 under 15 skiier in the united states
    ski sugarloaf uni bradbury
    my cat bob ate four kids;)
    i regret the day i threw a snowball at randy johnson
    skianduniaddict's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11868

  10. Jerrick wrote:
    > cant wait to see the variations made onto this trick =p

    kind of bring urself up then flip over like a gymnest i just tried it
    but failed horribly

    --
    skianduniaddict

    number1 under 15 skiier in the united states
    ski sugarloaf uni bradbury
    my cat bob ate four kids;)
    i regret the day i threw a snowball at randy johnson
    skianduniaddict's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11868

  11. johnfoss

    johnfoss Guest

    I don't know from gymnastics, but I think that's called a pole planch.
    Anyway, There was a picture of three unicyclists doing this on the same
    pole in one of the few issues of the IUF's Unicycling Magazine that was
    put out. The picture was taken (by me) at the International Cycling
    Festival in Hull, Quebec in 1985. I think all three guys were Canadians
    from Quebec and maybe Ontario.

    Technically, that's not a unicycle trick. It's a cool thing you can do
    while on a unicycle but won't count for difficulty in a Freestyle
    performance. On the other hand, I think it would count in a Street
    performance. *I* like it.

    --
    johnfoss

    John Foss

    "The worst thing you can do on a unicycle when you land is stop dead."
    -- Kris Holm, world's expert on high-consequence unicycling

  12. johnfoss

    johnfoss Guest

    Found it! I think the top guy is Gilles St. Onge, the second guy is one
    of Normand Beaumont's cousins or brothers, and I don't know about the
    bottom guy.

    That was a fun weekend!

    |Filename: looney.JPG |

    johnfoss

    John Foss

    "The worst thing you can do on a unicycle when you land is stop dead."
    -- Kris Holm, world's expert on high-consequence unicycling

  13. manon1wheel

    manon1wheel Guest

    how did the guy on the top get to the top?

    Riley

    --
    manon1wheel

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by GizmoDuck
    I yanked on my foot and straigtened it and stuck the bone back into the
    skin.
    Gild:
    This is going to be in someone's signature before too very long.
    manon1wheel's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9972