New UK Pro team?

Smiley:-

Guest
I read on John Ibbotsons site (http://www.ibboworld.com) that he is riding for a new UK pro team
called Team Endurasport.com/Principia.

He says that the team will be based in Italy and riding a full calendar of UCI races. Does
anyone else know about anything about this new team? Is it anything to do with the old Linda
McCartney team?

And if no-one has yet been to Ibboworld - you must. It's just the funniest site on the web. If only
all pro rider sites were as funny and honest as his. He is even showing us his daily training.
Interesting to see what the Pro's really do in the winter.

"smiley:-" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I read on John Ibbotsons site (http://www.ibboworld.com) that he is riding for a new UK pro team
> called Team Endurasport.com/Principia.
>
> He says that the team will be based in Italy and riding a full calendar of UCI races. Does
> anyone else know about anything about this new team? Is it anything to do with the old Linda
> McCartney team?
>
> And if no-one has yet been to Ibboworld - you must. It's just the funniest site on the web. If
> only all pro rider sites were as funny and honest as his. He is even showing us his daily
> training. Interesting to see what the Pro's really do in the winter.

"...
> I read on John Ibbotsons site (http://www.ibboworld.com) that he is riding for a new UK pro team
> called Team Endurasport.com/Principia.
>
> He says that the team will be based in Italy and riding a full calendar of UCI races. Does
> anyone else know about anything about this new team? Is it anything to do with the old Linda
> McCartney team?
>
> And if no-one has yet been to Ibboworld - you must. It's just the funniest site on the web. If
> only all pro rider sites were as funny and honest as his. He is even showing us his daily
> training.

You've never read the humor in Mike Jones, David Sommerville's, or John Lieswyn's Pro sites?

At least I've heard of them -- Who is Ibotsen??

"Ken Papai" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<pQG_9.25722$G83.270@sccrnsc04>...

> You've never read the humor in Mike Jones, David Sommerville's, or John Lieswyn's Pro sites?
>
> At least I've heard of them -- Who is Ibotsen??

.......I live in the Uk and have never heard of those guys either!! John rode for the Belgian
division II team RDM-Flanders in 2002. He's one of only a handfull of UK pro's so is quite well
known here.

I'll check out the above sites though. Did they ever race in Europe though or are they US
pro riders?

Anyone have any news on the Endurasport team?

[email protected] (smiley:) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> I read on John Ibbotsons site (http://www.ibboworld.com) that he is riding for a new UK pro team
> called Team Endurasport.com/Principia.
>
> He says that the team will be based in Italy and riding a full calendar of UCI races. Does
> anyone else know about anything about this new team? Is it anything to do with the old Linda
> McCartney team?

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/?id=2002/nov02/nov21news2 (scroll down a bit)

cheers, Jeff

"smiley:-" <[email protected]...
> "Ken Papai" <ken@@sccrnsc04>...
>
> > You've never read the humor in Mike Jones, David Sommerville's, or John Lieswyn's Pro sites?
> >
> > At least I've heard of them -- Who is Ibotsen??
>
> .......I live in the Uk and have never heard of those guys either!! John rode for the Belgian
> division II team RDM-Flanders in 2002. He's one of only a handfull of UK pro's so is quite well
> known here.
>
> I'll check out the above sites though. Did they ever race in Europe though or are they US
> pro riders?

They all are primarily USA-only pro racers, but Sleepy JL's raced in Europe.

Sommerville and Jones are on D3 teams.

> Anyone have any news on the Endurasport team?

"Ken Papai" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "smiley:-" <[email protected]...
> > "Ken Papai" <ken@@sccrnsc04>...
> >
> > > You've never read the humor in Mike Jones, David Sommerville's, or John Lieswyn's Pro sites?
> > >
> > > At least I've heard of them -- Who is Ibotsen??
> >
> > .......I live in the Uk and have never heard of those guys either!! John rode for the Belgian
> > division II team RDM-Flanders in 2002. He's one of only a handfull of UK pro's so is quite well
> > known here.
> >
> > I'll check out the above sites though. Did they ever race in Europe though or are they US pro
> > riders?
>
> They all are primarily USA-only pro racers, but Sleepy JL's raced in Europe.
>
> Sommerville and Jones are on D3 teams.

Sommerville is NOT on a D3 team. That shows just how much you know about the sport.

Thanks, Ronde Champ

"ronde champ" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> That shows just how much you know about the sport.

This from a guy who doesn't understand why more training miles might be preferable in the
early season.

> "ronde champ" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> > That shows just how much you know about the sport.
>
> This from a guy who doesn't understand why more training miles might be preferable in the
> early season.

Want to google me where I said that? Or is this another one of times where you pull **** out
of your ass?

Thanks, Ronde Champ

On Mon, 3 Feb 2003 15:12:34 -0500, "ronde champ" <[email protected]> wrote:
>"Tom Kunich" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>> "ronde champ" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:<[email protected]>...
>> > That shows just how much you know about the sport.
>>
>> This from a guy who doesn't understand why more training miles might be preferable in the early
>> season.

>Want to google me where I said that? Or is this another one of times where you pull **** out of
>your ass? Thanks, Ronde Champ

I think he's probably referring to this:

>David, please tell me that you are seriously not training all those hours, yet you still can't get
>on a real team. Even in my prime, when I was on top form and super-motivated, I never put in those
>hours. Thanks, Ronde Champ

I could be wrong. I think Tom's inferring you were saying that more training hours were useless,
when in reality you were unfairly slamming David Sommerville, as you so often do.

Thanks, Ronde Chimp "Coming to a Ronde Near You"

"ronde chimp" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Mon, 3 Feb 2003 15:12:34 -0500, "ronde champ" <[email protected]> wrote:
> >"Tom Kunich" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >news:[email protected]...
> >> "ronde champ" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >news:<[email protected]>...
> >>
> >> This from a guy who doesn't understand why more training miles might be preferable in the early
> >> season.
>
> >Want to google me where I said that? Or is this another one of times
where
> >you pull **** out of your ass? Thanks, Ronde Champ
>
> I think he's probably referring to this:
>
> >David, please tell me that you are seriously not training all those
hours,
> >yet you still can't get on a real team. Even in my prime, when I was on
top
> >form and super-motivated, I never put in those hours. Thanks, Ronde Champ
>
> I could be wrong. I think Tom's inferring you were saying that more training hours were useless,
> when in reality you were unfairly slamming David Sommerville, as you so often do.
>
> Thanks, Ronde Chimp "Coming to a Ronde Near You"

My point exactly, Chimp. Tom's talking out his ass.

Thanks, Ronde Champ

[email protected] (Jeff Jones) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> [email protected] (smiley:) wrote in message
> news:<[email protected]>...
> > I read on John Ibbotsons site (http://www.ibboworld.com) that he is riding for a new UK pro team
> > called Team Endurasport.com/Principia.
> >
> > He says that the team will be based in Italy and riding a full calendar of UCI races. Does
> > anyone else know about anything about this new team? Is it anything to do with the old Linda
> > McCartney team?

Team Endurasport/Principia is a UCI, UK registered TT3--making it the only UK pro team this year.
They have nothing to do with the old McCartney squad, but have been started by Harry Lodge who has
ridden in Europe for 13 years on Tulip, Ipso and Flanders, to name a few. The team sponsors are
Scottish cycling clothing manufacturer Endura and Danish bike maker Principia, but they are also
working on "club support" but in a different way than iTeamNova did last year, where the team is not
entirely dependent on club subscriptions. Currently, members receive team kit, the inside story on
what's happening in the team, opportunities to communicate directly with team staff, and a chance in
upcoming sponsor giveaways and contests. Of course, any and all rbr posters, lurkers, dreamers et al
are welcome to join. Information on the team and becoming a member can be found at
www.teamendurasport.com John Ibbotson is a second year pro, after starting last year with the
RDM-Flanders team last year where he was a climber stuck in a kermesse team. He is a bit of a
character. FYI, they are being formally launched on 7 Feb and then heading to training camp in
Varese. Their provisional racing schedule is as follows: (apologies if schedule is not aligned)
--John A Provisional Racing Programme for 2003

February 19-23 International Tour of Rhodes 2:3 25 Menton-Savonna (It) 1:6 26-1 Mar Giro Riviera
Ligure di Ponente (It) 2:6

March 2 Trofeo Zssdi (It) 1:6 16 Giro del Lago Maggiore (Sui) 1:5 23 Strausee Rundfahrt (Sui) 1:5 23
South West RR (UK) U23 24-30 Tour of Normandy (Fr) 2:5 30 Archer GP (UK) 1:5 PC

April 6 Tour du Lac Leman (Sui) 1:5 6 Tour of Reservoir (UK) PC 9-12 Sea Otter Classic (USA) 2:3
16-20 Settimana Ciclistica Lombarda (It) 2:5 19-21 Girvin GP (UK) PC 22-27 Tour of Georgia (USA) 2:3
27 Lancaster-Mercedes GP (UK) PC 30-4 May Ringerike GP (Nor) 2:5 30-4 May Vuelta Ciclistica Castilla
y Leon (Sp) 2:5

May 6-11 Tour of Slovenia (Slo) 2:5 8-11 Tour de la Manche (Fr) 2:6 11 Lincoln International GP (UK)
1:5 18 GP Stad Vilvoorden (Bel) 1:5 18-25 Tour of Japan 2:5 27-1 June Vuelta Ciclistica a Navarra
(Sp) 2:5 31 TEAG Hainleite (Ger) 1:3

June 1 Divisional Senior Road Race Champs (UK) Nat 3-7 Volta Ciclistica provincia Tarragona (Sp) 2:6
7-8 Ness Monster 2 Day (UK) PC 9-14 Volta Ciclistica International a Llcida (Sp) 2:6 15 Five Valleys
RR (UK) 2:6 17-21 Tour of Serbia (Yug) 2:5 21 GP Carnaghese (It) 1:5 22 Giro d'Oro (It) 1:5 22
Ayrshire Classic (UK) U23 24 GP Ruddervoorde (Bel) Nat 29 National Road race Championships (UK) Nat

July 2-6 Course de la Solidarite Olympique (Pol) 2:3 5 Criterium d ‘Abruzzo 1.3 6 Trofeo Matteotti
1.2 5-6 Tour of Northumberland (UK) PC 9-12 Ytong Bohemia Tour (Cze) 2:3 13 Giro del Medio Brenta
(It) 1:5 19 GP Citta di Rio Salieeto (It) 1:3 20 GP Nobili Rubinetterie-Borgomanero (It) 1:3 24 Manx
International (UK) 1:5 PC 27 National Under 23 British Road Race Champs Nat

August 6 Prix des Moissons (Fr) 1:5 7 Prix des Bles d'Or (Fr) 1:5 8 Prix d'Armorique (Fr) 1:5 9 Prix
du Leon (Fr) 1:5 10 Prix de la Mi-Aout (Fr) 1:5 10 Havant GP (UK) 1:5 PC 12-15 Tou de l'Ain (Fr) 2:3
19 GP Stad Zottegem-Dr Tistaert Prijs (Bel) 1:3 20 Druivenkoers-Overijse (Bel) 1:3 22
Groningen-Munstert (Ger) 1:3 24 GP Scharzwald (Ger) 1:3 24 Vlaamse Havenpijl (Bel) 1:3 30 Rund um
die Sachsenring (Ger) 1:3 31 Rund um die Nurnberger Altstadt (ger) 1:3

September 2-7 Giro della Valle d'Aosta (It) 2:6 6 National Time Trial Championships (UK) Nat 7 Tour
of the Peaks (UK) PC 10-14 Brandenberg Rundfahrt (Ger) 2:3 14 National Criterium Championships (UK)
Nat 17-21 Int Rheinland-Pfalz Rundfahrt (Ger) 2:3 21-28 Tour de Bulgaria 2:5 28 Duo Normand (Fr) 1:5
30-3 Oct Giro della Provincia di Lucca (It) 2:3

October 4 Piccolo Giro di Lombardia (It) 1:6 9 World Time Trial Championships (Can) 12 World Road
Race Championship (Can) 14 National Sluitingsprijs-Putte Kapellent (Bel) 1:3 16-26 Herald Sun
Tour (Aus) 2:3

November 3-8 Powernet Tour of Southland (Nzl) 2:5

"ronde champ" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

> "Ken Papai" <ken@@rwcrnsc52.ops.asp.att.net...
> >
> > "smiley:-" <[email protected]...
> > > "Ken Papai" <ken>...

> > > .......I live in the Uk and have never heard of those guys either!! John rode for the Belgian
> > > division II team RDM-Flanders in 2002. He's one of only a handfull of UK pro's so is quite
> > > well known here.
> > >
> > > I'll check out the above sites though. Did they ever race in Europe though or are they US pro
> > > riders?
> >
> > They all are primarily USA-only pro racers, but Sleepy JL's raced in Europe.
> >
> > Sommerville and Jones are on D3 teams.
>
> Sommerville is NOT on a D3 team. That shows just how much you know about the sport.

RC doesn't understand simple, subtle humor---WTF?

On Tue, 4 Feb 2003 08:22:59 -0500, "ronde champ" <[email protected]> wrote:
>My point exactly, Chimp. Tom's talking out his ass.

What else is new?

Thanks, Ronde Chimp