New Ultegra Group.

Zer0hmz said:
....I just bought mine 2 weeks ago ....

Nothing wrong with Ultegra 9 speed

The new ultegra looks good, same as DA but just not in same finish but I have heard Shimano are going to struggle to supply enough of it for the 05 season.

ALAN OBRIEN said:
JUST WONDERING, DOES ANYONE KNOW GENERALLY WHEN THEY ANNOUNCE PRICES FOR THESE NEW COMPONENTS?
Been thinking of upgrading to an Ultegra for a long time now. I asked a LBS here and gave me a quote on the new Ultegra of about 1.6x the price of the old Ultegra - somewhere in the range of the 2003 Dura-Ace.

Another LBS said that the old Ultegra is still a good buy - hardly have any use for another cog anyways...

Cheers!

e_guevara

ALAN OBRIEN said:
JUST WONDERING, DOES ANYONE KNOW GENERALLY WHEN THEY ANNOUNCE PRICES FOR THESE NEW COMPONENTS?
i believe that the price in sterling will be somewhere in the region of £880.
the price in euro's 1330.
the price in dollars 1600. :eek:

So should anything be needed besides
1) Brifters
2) Chain
3) Cassette

If you just wanted to upgrade from a 6500 drivetrain to 10 spd.?

supergrill said:
So should anything be needed besides
1) Brifters
2) Chain
3) Cassette

If you just wanted to upgrade from a 6500 drivetrain to 10 spd.?

Guess not in theory, but you'd be missing out on the super-duper cranks...

mjw_byrne said:
Guess not in theory, but you'd be missing out on the super-duper cranks...

That's okay. All I want is a 16 cog on a 12-25 cassette and better shaped hood & lever ergos. My trusty crank & BB work just fine and I'll only fill one of my waterbottles 3/4 of the way full to make up for the weight difference :rolleyes:

(at least the new crank has real chainrings instead of saw blades like the D/A)

BTNE1 said:
Nothing wrong with Ultegra 9 speed

The new ultegra looks good, same as DA but just not in same finish but I have heard Shimano are going to struggle to supply enough of it for the 05 season.

I think ShimaNO have already begun facing some of that this season. I would expect to see a lot more Chorus & Centaur builds in '05. My 2 cents.