Bike buying advice · Public discussion

New Ultegra Triple Upgrade

Started by giant_guy · · Last activity · 1 post · 1,168 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Bike buying advice
Published
10 June 2006
Last activity
10 June 2006
Original author
giant_guy
Posts
1
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,168
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–1 of 1
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I just got a full Ultegra Triple drivetrain upgrade (FD/RD/crank/chain/cassette/BB/shifters) on my Giant OCR and have been on a couple of rides so far with the new setup and it has made a huge difference for me so far.

    My stock Truvativ crank was a 52/42/32 and the Ultegra is 52/39/30. I stayed the same on the cassette with a 12/25 but went with the 10 speed from the 8 speed.

    I have noticed I mainly use the two largest chain rings now and only sparingly going up larger hills is when I use the smallest chain ring. I already feel like a better rider because of it. I still have a long way to go but I get happier with it every day.

    Weight-wise I dropped about 1.3 lbs but was disappointed because I thought it would be a larger decrease than that after looking at a few different websites on component weights. Overall I am very happy with the upgrade and now my goal is to just keep on riding!

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.