New uni stuff on cafepress

Discussion in 'rec.sport.unicycling' started by steveyo, Dec 20, 2005.

  1. steveyo

    steveyo Guest

    My wife astutely pointed out to me that, although the unit price is
    higher, $3 for a bumper sticker is less money spent than $150 to print
    100 stickers.

    With that in mind, I decided, after all, to use cafepress, at least for
    now. My store's url: http://www.cafepress.com/steveyo

    My stuff has either my uni guy, or my new...wait for it...*Kokopelli
    unicyclist:*

    [image: http://home.nycap.rr.com/rduhan/uni_icon.bmp]

    Also prominently featured is the slogan "UNICYCLE! LIKE A BIKE WITHOUT
    THE TRAINING WHEEL"

    --
    steveyo

    --
    steveyo

    ...like having your own personal rollercoaster...

  2. Seager

    Seager Guest

  3. steveyo

    steveyo Guest

  4. chosen

    chosen Guest

  5. steveyo

    steveyo Guest

    chosen wrote:
    > an alias is like a nmae you go by or something i think, and so i i think
    > he means will the shirts have your name steveyo on the shirts like in
    > the picture you included. the answer would probably be no.

    There is no signature on the shirt, if that's what alias means.
    But (after I did a bit of googling) the "anti-aliased" Seager meant is
    more probably 'this'
    (http://www.schorsch.com/kbase/glossary/aliasing.html).
    Seager: The designs are all monochrome bmp files. So I believe they
    are aliased, not anti-aliased.

    --
    steveyo

    --
    steveyo

    ...like having your own personal rollercoaster...

  6. steveyo

    steveyo Guest

  7. kington99

    kington99 Guest

    chosen, good guess but you are entirely wrong, anti-aliasing is a
    graphical process, im guessing it goes someway to removing the
    'jaggies' at the edge of the picture

    --
    kington99

    Dave

  8. maxisback

    maxisback Guest

    Im sorry if this sounds rude.. but I do not like the designs on any of
    your shirts.. why dont you sell shirts like do the Muni and all them ?
    or why dont u do abbaibles project of the super uni shirt ?

    --
    maxisback

    Quiters never win, winners never quit , the ones who never win and never
    quit are just dumb
    maxisback's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10885

  9. steveyo

    steveyo Guest

    maxisback wrote:
    > Im sorry if this sounds rude.. but I do not like the designs on any of
    > your shirts.. why dont you sell shirts like do the Muni and all them ?
    > or why dont u do abbaibles project of the super uni shirt ?

    Of the things you say, Max, that is just about the least rude.

    It's OK if you don't like the designs. I guess I hadn't found any yet
    exactly like I wanted and that's OK, too.

    --
    steveyo

    --
    steveyo

    ...like having your own personal rollercoaster...

  10. chosen

    chosen Guest

  11. maxisback

    maxisback Guest

    me either I dont Muni.. I street and trials.. but I dono I like the
    other unicycling shirts I guess.. even tho I never bought one

    --
    maxisback

    Quiters never win, winners never quit , the ones who never win and never
    quit are just dumb
    maxisback's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10885

  12. cyberpunk

    cyberpunk Guest

    steveyo wrote:
    > Umm...yeah...er...no...err...what? I dunno dude.

    anti-aliased is something used in 3d rendering, and fonts, it smooths
    the edges of pixilated objects/images, so instead of seeing a staircase
    of pixles going down the side of that box on your 32x32 res image, it
    automaticaly smooths the edges out, de pixalizes in a way, but keeps
    the res of the image at 32x32, this is helpfull with things like fonts,
    which already have standards for sizes, which are often considered very
    pixilated today, and video games, where high res, textures can really
    kill your video cards memory.

    As for flat images, I think he's just asking if you'll smooth the edges
    a bit because they are a wee bit pixilated.

    --
    cyberpunk

    The following is the fault of a random google search and catboy.

    "Baby Laughs : The Naked Truth About the First Year of Mommyhood"
    cyberpunk's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8923

  13. steveyo

    steveyo Guest

    cyberpunk wrote:
    > anti-aliased is something used in 3d rendering, and fonts, it smooths
    > the edges of pixilated objects/images, so instead of seeing a staircase
    > of pixles going down the side of that box on your 32x32 res image, it
    > automaticaly smooths the edges out, de pixalizes in a way, but keeps
    > the res of the image at 32x32, this is helpfull with things like fonts,
    > which already have standards for sizes, which are often considered very
    > pixilated today, and video games, where high res, textures can really
    > kill your video cards memory.
    >
    > As for flat images, I think he's just asking if you'll smooth the edges
    > a bit because they are a wee bit pixilated.

    Thank you for the good explanation.

    Any suggestions how to "anti-alias" the pics? I have a freeware
    photo-editor with which I can "blur" the image, but not sure that's the
    same.

    --
    steveyo

    --
    steveyo

    ...like having your own personal rollercoaster...

  14. boo radley

    boo radley Guest

    i don't know what you used to make the images, but paint.NET has an easy
    option to turn on anti-aliasing when you're drawing. it just creates
    gray pixles to fill out the lines.

    --
    boo radley

    "Think for yourself. Question authority. To think for yourself you must
    question authority and learn how to put yourself in a state of
    vulnerable, open-mindedness; chaotic, confused, vulnerability to inform
    yourself."

    "plus Maxxis tyres suck... a tyre made of cheese will last longer"
    boo radley's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10484

  15. Matt.Weston

    Matt.Weston Guest