New uni stuff on cafepress

steveyo

Guest
My wife astutely pointed out to me that, although the unit price is
higher, $3 for a bumper sticker is less money spent than $150 to print
100 stickers.

With that in mind, I decided, after all, to use cafepress, at least for
now. My store's url: http://www.cafepress.com/steveyo

My stuff has either my uni guy, or my new...wait for it...*Kokopelli
unicyclist:*

[image: http://home.nycap.rr.com/rduhan/uni_icon.bmp]

Also prominently featured is the slogan "UNICYCLE! LIKE A BIKE WITHOUT
THE TRAINING WHEEL"

--
steveyo

--
steveyo

...like having your own personal rollercoaster...

chosen wrote:
> an alias is like a nmae you go by or something i think, and so i i think
> he means will the shirts have your name steveyo on the shirts like in
> the picture you included. the answer would probably be no.

There is no signature on the shirt, if that's what alias means.
But (after I did a bit of googling) the "anti-aliased" Seager meant is
more probably 'this'
(http://www.schorsch.com/kbase/glossary/aliasing.html).
Seager: The designs are all monochrome bmp files. So I believe they
are aliased, not anti-aliased.

--
steveyo

--
steveyo

...like having your own personal rollercoaster...

chosen, good guess but you are entirely wrong, anti-aliasing is a
graphical process, im guessing it goes someway to removing the
'jaggies' at the edge of the picture

--
kington99

Dave

Im sorry if this sounds rude.. but I do not like the designs on any of
your shirts.. why dont you sell shirts like do the Muni and all them ?
or why dont u do abbaibles project of the super uni shirt ?

--
maxisback

Quiters never win, winners never quit , the ones who never win and never
quit are just dumb
maxisback's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10885

maxisback wrote:
> Im sorry if this sounds rude.. but I do not like the designs on any of
> your shirts.. why dont you sell shirts like do the Muni and all them ?
> or why dont u do abbaibles project of the super uni shirt ?

Of the things you say, Max, that is just about the least rude.

It's OK if you don't like the designs. I guess I hadn't found any yet
exactly like I wanted and that's OK, too.

--
steveyo

--

steveyo wrote:
> Umm...yeah...er...no...err...what? I dunno dude.

anti-aliased is something used in 3d rendering, and fonts, it smooths
the edges of pixilated objects/images, so instead of seeing a staircase
of pixles going down the side of that box on your 32x32 res image, it
automaticaly smooths the edges out, de pixalizes in a way, but keeps
the res of the image at 32x32, this is helpfull with things like fonts,
which already have standards for sizes, which are often considered very
pixilated today, and video games, where high res, textures can really
kill your video cards memory.

As for flat images, I think he's just asking if you'll smooth the edges
a bit because they are a wee bit pixilated.

--
cyberpunk

The following is the fault of a random google search and catboy.

"Baby Laughs : The Naked Truth About the First Year of Mommyhood"
cyberpunk's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8923

cyberpunk wrote:
> anti-aliased is something used in 3d rendering, and fonts, it smooths
> the edges of pixilated objects/images, so instead of seeing a staircase
> of pixles going down the side of that box on your 32x32 res image, it
> automaticaly smooths the edges out, de pixalizes in a way, but keeps
> the res of the image at 32x32, this is helpfull with things like fonts,
> which already have standards for sizes, which are often considered very
> pixilated today, and video games, where high res, textures can really
> kill your video cards memory.
>
> As for flat images, I think he's just asking if you'll smooth the edges
> a bit because they are a wee bit pixilated.

Thank you for the good explanation.

Any suggestions how to "anti-alias" the pics? I have a freeware
photo-editor with which I can "blur" the image, but not sure that's the
same.

--
steveyo

--
steveyo

...like having your own personal rollercoaster...

i don't know what you used to make the images, but paint.NET has an easy
option to turn on anti-aliasing when you're drawing. it just creates
gray pixles to fill out the lines.

--
boo radley

"Think for yourself. Question authority. To think for yourself you must
question authority and learn how to put yourself in a state of
vulnerable, open-mindedness; chaotic, confused, vulnerability to inform
yourself."

"plus Maxxis tyres suck... a tyre made of cheese will last longer"
boo radley's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10484