New uni

vanished

Guest
Ok well, i've been looking around, i'm thinking to get my fourth uni. I
have a bedford cross-country (i think) and I bent the cranks pretty
good, and so i was wondering. New uni, or new cranks and hub. What kinda
uni, or what kinda cranks/hub? I got a buget of about 500. Thanks!

--
vanished - Snow Rider
vanished's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3791

well I'm in to trials a bit (5 foot drop is hiest so far) and I aslo
enjoy some muni. I dont' mind using my muni for trials, but the reason
why i dont' want to get a whole other uncicyle (trials) is that i could
probably make my unicycle i have right now stronger with 400$ than a
trials that I were to buy for 400$.

--

vanished wrote:
> *well I'm in to trials a bit (5 foot drop is hiest so far)*

Are you into trials or big drops?

The new KH uni's sound great. They look like they have the most bang for
the buck, and seem plenty strong. If you want anywhere near a decent
warranty though, you need to step up to profile. A profile hub put onto
your current muni should be plenty good. If all you are doing is big
drops, you will be fine on a 24" wheel. If you plan to go anywhere
deeper into trials (big ups, precise pedalgrabs), you may want to look
up some of the old threads with the debate between 20" and 24" for
trials and muni. I will tell you now, though, that the pedals bottom out
*way* too easily on a trials uni for decent muni riding. After a strong
hub, you should make sure you have a strong rim with well-tensioned
spokes. A dx-32 or doublewide should be plenty. If you do end up getting
new spokes, get DT. I got generics, and payed the price. They suck.

--
gerblefranklin - Trials Unicyclist

"Peace cannot be kept by force. It can only be achieved by
understanding."-Albert Einstein

i ride with vanished all the time :) and its mostly high drops and
rocks and such. there might be a bit of trials but im not sure really
what trials is :confused: . but ya probably a KH uni would do good i
would guess. someone please tell me what the distintion between trials
and MUni is?

--
drewation - stoons finest

why take the bus when you can uni
drewation's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8274

Hey drew, trials=hopping from obstical to obstical muni=riding down/up
hill on dirt/rocky/snowy/bumpy trails in mountaines or even just by
Mewasin. Trials uni=knoby 20"x 2-3" Muni=24" x 2-3". Thats pretty much
it, and some munis have breaks. I thouhgt you'd know this by now! But
thanks for the help guys, i'm gonna look around and make a descion soon.

--

vanished wrote:
> *Hey drew, trials=hopping from obstical to obstical muni=riding
> down/up hill on dirt/rocky/snowy/bumpy trails in mountaines or even
> just by Mewasin. Trials uni=knoby 20"x 2-3" Muni=24" x 2-3". Thats
> pretty much it, and some munis have breaks. I thouhgt you'd know this
> by now! But thanks for the help guys, i'm gonna look around and make a
> descion soon. *

YOU HAVE NO MONEY :rolleyes: but ya i guess i do trials and MUni :(

--
drewation - stoons finest

why take the bus when you can uni
drewation's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8274

Yah I'm going into Cenipost on tuesday for a comercial. I get paid $600
to start, and every $600 for each day or something like that...so yah
and the 300$ from offbroadway so SHUT up.

--
vanished - Snow Rider

Why take the bus when you can uni, or maybe take your uni on the bus?
vanished's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3791