rec.sport.unicycling · Public discussion

NEW VIDEO: "Park Practice"

Started by terrybigwheel · · Last activity · 74 posts · 845 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
rec.sport.unicycling
Published
10 August 2006
Last activity
12 August 2006
Original author
terrybigwheel
Posts
74
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
845
Views / 30 days
15

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 41–60 of 74
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. every single post you've done has been negative, and mean. stop making
    rude, unwanted comments

    --
    mornish

    owowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowow

    owowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowow
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    mornish's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11658
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/51969

  2. Wow mornish you are well on your way to becoming the next james potter.
    Congrats. Over 11 posts on average/day. I'm going out unicycling. None
    of this sitting here the whole day.

    --
    truthfulblah
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    truthfulblah's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7423
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/51969

  3. mornish said:

    haha, and such a hard job, piano tuning!

    Actually it *is* pretty challenging work! In a typical tuning, I have
    to make approx. 2,000-4,000 precision movements of the tuning pins, of
    which there are about 220! Total combined string tension ranges from
    15,000-60,000 POUNDS! Every *single* string must be "set" to a specific
    point so that intervals and individual notes are pitch perfect!
    Beginners usually take 3 hours+ to tune a piano-It takes me just under
    one hour. then of course there are a variety of repairs (shop work is
    plentyful!) and restoration work. I find the work very interesting and
    fun! But "easy"it's not! Muni is my "outlet" and it keeps me phisically
    in shape. 🙂

    --
    MuniAddict

    Uni...it's just a cycle I'm going through. 😄

    Impotence: It's just nature's way of saying no hard feelings.😎
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    MuniAddict's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12920
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/51969

  4. mornish said:

    every single post you've done has been negative, and mean. stop making
    rude, unwanted comments

    Miles I am assuming you were talking there about "truthfulblah?" Since
    you didn't quote his recent remark. (I think it's prolly best if we
    just ignore him)

    --
    MuniAddict

    Uni...it's just a cycle I'm going through. 😄

    Impotence: It's just nature's way of saying no hard feelings.😎
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    MuniAddict's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12920
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/51969

  5. mornish said:

    Phil, you should come down for CMW!

    you would have a blast.

    Oh how i wish i could🙁. My funds just dont allow...I really hope to
    save and maybe come down next year. But you never kno...Maybe an angel
    in disguise will come down and bring me to Cali in time.

    --
    trials_uni

    TRIALS 4 LIFE !
    'Check Out The Newbie Guide' (http://tinyurl.com/99yez)

    Radical Reed said:

    I have to herd the polor bears, while harvesting pot. Then I sit down on
    my couch made of softwood lumber with a glass of maple syrup and watch
    a hockey game or a gay marrige.

    *Caution-I may have no idea what im talking about*
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    trials_uni's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10953
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/51969

  6. no, I was talking to you😉

    of course i was talking to truthfulblah🙂

    --
    mornish

    owowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowow

    owowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowow
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    mornish's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11658
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/51969

  7. mornish said:

    no, I was talking to you😉

    of course i was talking to truthfulblah🙂

    Ha! Good one!:p

    --
    MuniAddict

    Uni...it's just a cycle I'm going through. 😄

    Impotence: It's just nature's way of saying no hard feelings.😎
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    MuniAddict's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12920
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/51969

  8. trials_uni said:

    Oh how i wish i could🙁. My funds just dont allow...I really hope to
    save and maybe come down next year. But you never kno...Maybe an angel
    in disguise will come down and bring me to Cali in time.

    hmmm, maybe MOAB?

    hope to see you sometime though.

    --
    mornish

    owowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowow

    owowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowow
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    mornish's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11658
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/51969

  9. Terry wrote: "I still haven't heard from John Long about this Saturday,
    or gotten directions, so I will probably ride muni in the OC area with
    Jim instead. CAn you come this Sat??"

    What, are you out of your mind, Terry. I just talked to you about the
    ride and we're all set up. Even Josh is coming. We meet at my crib in
    Venice and drive ten minutes and we're there. We're doing West Ridge to
    Sullivan Canyon. Flake on us and we'll let lose that boomslang in your
    piano.

    JL

    --
    vivalargo
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    vivalargo's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5625
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/51969

  10. how far away is that from SD? I want to come🙂

    --
    mornish

    owowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowow

    owowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowow
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    mornish's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11658
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/51969

  11. vivalargo said:

    Flake on us and we'll let lose that boomslang in your piano.

    Whoop-ass, sbuni style 😄

    --
    entropy

    Shut up and ride.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    entropy's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5816
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/51969

  12. haha

    --
    mornish

    owowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowow

    owowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowow
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    mornish's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11658
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/51969

  13. vivalargo said:

    Terry wrote: "I still haven't heard from John Long about this Saturday,
    or gotten directions, so I will probably ride muni in the OC area with
    Jim instead. CAn you come this Sat??"

    What, are you out of your mind, Terry. I just talked to you about the
    ride and we're all set up. Even Josh is coming. We meet at my crib in
    Venice and drive ten minutes and we're there. We're doing West Ridge to
    Sullivan Canyon. Flake on us and we'll let lose that boomslang in your
    piano.

    JL

    Whoops! I guess I'm in a heap 'o' trubble now! I guess I'm buying lunch
    all around next time we ride together...unless they banish me to the
    four corners first! :eek:

    --
    MuniAddict

    Uni...it's just a cycle I'm going through. 😄

    Impotence: It's just nature's way of saying no hard feelings.😎
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    MuniAddict's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12920
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/51969

  14. MuniAddict said:

    What's "CMW?" (Probably something obvious that I should know!)

    mornish said:

    *C*alifornia *M*uni *F*est

    Uh...it appears mornish didn't get much sleep either...seeing as how
    CMW stands for California Muni *W*eekend, not ...*F*est. Fest does not
    begin with a "W". 🙄 😄

    --
    onelesscar

    mmm...i love my qu-ax...and now my kh 20...
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    onelesscar's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11127
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/51969

  15. onelesscar said:

    Uh...it appears mornish didn't get much sleep either...seeing as how CMW
    stands for California Muni *W*eekend, not ...*F*est. Fest does not
    begin with a "W". 🙄 😄

    Zinger-ooni! I missed that too!:o

    --
    MuniAddict

    Uni...it's just a cycle I'm going through. 😄

    Impotence: It's just nature's way of saying no hard feelings.😎
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    MuniAddict's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12920
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/51969

  16. hahaha😄

    owned in the face😎

    --
    mornish

    owowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowow

    owowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowow
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    mornish's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11658
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/51969

  17. truthfulblah said:

    For this sport to ever take off, people have to stop being totally
    pumped for just learning how to ride. It's not hard, just learn, then
    learn more. This is why a lot of people hate there forums, this is
    spam.

    Excuse me? There's something wrong with this? This is what people love
    about the community of unicyclists. The fact that someone can sign up
    who just learned how to go five feet, and their first thread is just as
    welcomed as someone with many years' experience. Would you rather us
    shun the people with a genuine interest in the sport? No matter how
    well unicycling ever "takes off", I hope that the community stays the
    same.

    Perry, if you're reading this, that's amazing. Congratulations.

    How many people are in your unicycling group, Terry?

    --
    monkeyman

    Alex, MR addict.

    THE dave said:

    walruses are awesome... they just chill with their tusks and stuff...

    sobriquet said:

    If this joke were a sandwich it would be the wurst.


    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    monkeyman's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11455
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/51969

  18. monkeyman said:

    Excuse me? There's something wrong with this? This is what people love
    about the community of unicyclists. The fact that someone can sign up
    who just learned how to go five feet, and their first thread is just as
    welcomed as someone with many years' experience. Would you rather us
    shun the people with a genuine interest in the sport? No matter how
    well unicycling ever "takes off", I hope that the community stays the
    same.

    Perry, if you're reading this, that's amazing. Congratulations.

    How many people are in your unicycling group, Terry?

    Yeah, Perry is learning fast! And it's rewarding to be there to see his
    progress!
    There are "officially" 5 members, but only 3 which are active. I've
    loaned out a unicycle to one until he gets his own, and the other
    bought my old DX Muni, but is learning on his own, then jhopefully will
    join us for rides. 😄

    --
    MuniAddict

    Uni...it's just a cycle I'm going through. 😄

    Impotence: It's just nature's way of saying no hard feelings.😎
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    MuniAddict's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12920
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/51969

  19. 6🙂

    --
    mornish

    owowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowow

    owowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowow
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    mornish's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11658
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/51969

  20. mornish said:

    6🙂

    Oh...I forgot you are an *honorary* member! Now get down here and ride
    with us!

    --
    MuniAddict

    Uni...it's just a cycle I'm going through. 😄

    Impotence: It's just nature's way of saying no hard feelings.😎
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    MuniAddict's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12920
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/51969

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.