new wheels

10timesbetter

Oct 7, 2004
I need some wheels for a bike i'm putting together, and i've got two friends selling a set, i wanted to get your opinions on which was better,

one set has 32h shimano600 hubs, and the rims have stickers that say...Mavic mactal 5.6000 open pro Sup UB control,

the second has 32h sunrace sealed bearing hubs, and the rims say Alex AL-dr13 6061t6 doublewall rims

any ideas? they're going on a singlespeed for in the city, eventually a fixed gear when i get a new hub, if the type of riding will influence the decision at all, thanks

10timesbetter said:
I need some wheels for a bike i'm putting together, and i've got two friends selling a set, i wanted to get your opinions on which was better,

one set has 32h shimano600 hubs, and the rims have stickers that say...Mavic mactal 5.6000 open pro Sup UB control,

the second has 32h sunrace sealed bearing hubs, and the rims say Alex AL-dr13 6061t6 doublewall rims

any ideas? they're going on a singlespeed for in the city, eventually a fixed gear when i get a new hub, if the type of riding will influence the decision at all, thanks
Why buy a wheelset that doesn't have the proper hub for a fixed gear?

because I'm in college and poor, and people want a lot of money for fixed gear wheelsets, and I can get both of these pretty decently priced, and I'd like to get the bike on the road, so I'll do that, and whenever I find a good fixed gear wheel, I'll pick it up, just curious which one would be better out of the two

10timesbetter said:
because I'm in college and poor, and people want a lot of money for fixed gear wheelsets, and I can get both of these pretty decently priced, and I'd like to get the bike on the road, so I'll do that, and whenever I find a good fixed gear wheel, I'll pick it up, just curious which one would be better out of the two
OP/600 works for me assuming it isn't used up.600 goes back to the early days of shimano stuff, so it could be for freewheel, uniglide 6/7 casette or hyperglide 8/9/10 cassette, so make sure it fits your pistol.