New wheelset and tires...

bogieboy

Jan 20, 2012
So, as those who saw my intro thread saw, i have a franken bike for a roadie....LOL well its finally taking shape as a half way decent contender... The new wheelset came in today, tires came in yesterday... I just need a set of tubes for 700c instead of the 27"x1.25" tires/tubes that i had, and my top bar brake levers to come in and its ready for this year...(unless i can find a good deal on a carbon fork for 1" threaded or convert to threadless...) well... On to a picture!!!!!
20120125_183527_edit0.jpg

Oh yeah.. Wheelset is Vuelta aeromax on vuelta zerolite hubs, tires are eighthinch st23...

alienator said:
What tires are those?
They are eighthinch st23s... Cheapest tires i could coulf find... Link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/PAIR-EIGHTHINCH-ST23-ROAD-BIKE-TIRES-TYRES-700x23C-700C-BLUE-FIXED-GEAR-FIXIE-/140630417105

Originally Posted by bogieboy .

They are eighthinch st23s... Cheapest tires i could coulf find...
biggest mistake you can make !

anyway price is not that low, so hopefully they won't make you come walking back home if they fail while riding,
for 10 more dollars you can already access safer tires,

I have bought several items from WheelandSprocket - they are a good operation. I built a decent tri bike from ebay vendors like this. Likely these are CST tires, not the best but likely not unsafe either. You can, however, find good deals for about the same price on trusted brand tires.

You have a lot of seatpost showing there, I hope you are not beyond the maximum extension - that would be dangerous.

maydog said:
I have bought several items from WheelandSprocket - they are a good operation. I built a decent tri bike from ebay vendors like this. Likely these are CST tires, not the best but likely not unsafe either. You can, however, find good deals for about the same price on trusted brand tires.
You have a lot of seatpost showing there, I hope you are not beyond the maximum extension - that would be dangerous.
They are actually duro tires, and that seatpost is a stupid long one... I still have a good 2" before the max.... And yes, W&S are great to deal with.... Bought quite a few things from them in the past...

Well heres a lil update.... I ended up scoring a new seatpost for a song as well, no more old fashioned clamp style...LOL and, i talked to a bud that is just starting a sign shop, and he made me some decals for my frankenstein bike....LOL
20120218_153312.jpg