New Windsor Rd T way

robalert

Jun 8, 2005
Has anyone tried riding this?

I went yesterday afternoon.

After reading some reviews from BikeNorth and CAMWEST people, I decided to start it from Hammers Rd and went down to the M7 cycleway entrance.

Overall, it is a good little cycleway. It is a shame that they didn't connect it up properly between Hammers Rd section and Westmead end near CocaCola. The Winston Hills section has a fair bit of dirt and overgrown weeds. Signage crossing Fitzwilliam Rd is poor. Now I know that I am meant to cross Fitzwilliam and ride up a service road to cross Windsor road under a bridge.

I will further investigate the section between cocacola and hammers road or has someone done this?

I live in Oatlands, so I went via Lake Parramatta the up Church St turning off near the industrial section Boundary Rd and cutting up onto Hammers Rd from Kleins Rd.

robalert said:
Has anyone tried riding this?

I went yesterday afternoon.

After reading some reviews from BikeNorth and CAMWEST people, I decided to start it from Hammers Rd and went down to the M7 cycleway entrance.

Overall, it is a good little cycleway. It is a shame that they didn't connect it up properly between Hammers Rd section and Westmead end near CocaCola. The Winston Hills section has a fair bit of dirt and overgrown weeds. Signage crossing Fitzwilliam Rd is poor. Now I know that I am meant to cross Fitzwilliam and ride up a service road to cross Windsor road under a bridge.

I will further investigate the section between cocacola and hammers road or has someone done this?

I live in Oatlands, so I went via Lake Parramatta the up Church St turning off near the industrial section Boundary Rd and cutting up onto Hammers Rd from Kleins Rd.
Yes...

As I wrote on Bike North

Just ride over the bus bridge... It is better to risk a fine than risk your life along Old Windsor Rd.

SCotty

scotty72 said:
Yes...

As I wrote on Bike North

Just ride over the bus bridge... It is better to risk a fine than risk your life along Old Windsor Rd.

SCotty
I thought the same, but during my short stint on the Tway, I saw 2 patrol cars... and it was a Sunday!

Also, there are cameras all along the way.

For me, I am happy to take Hammers Rd and head home via that way

It is just a shame that the cycleway is not linked up

robalert said:
I thought the same, but during my short stint on the Tway, I saw 2 patrol cars... and it was a Sunday!

Also, there are cameras all along the way.

For me, I am happy to take Hammers Rd and head home via that way

It is just a shame that the cycleway is not linked up
As I was hurtling down the hill towards the Abbott Rd bus flyover, I spied a motorcycle cop coming the other way. I had started to make up all the excuses in my head, howver, not needed - cop didn't bat an eyelid about it.

Scotty