New X-face test



O

OmManiPadmeOmelet

Guest
Please ignore. :)

Thank you!
--
Om.

"My mother never saw the irony in calling me a son-of-a-*****." -Jack Nicholson
 
O

OmManiPadmeOmelet

Guest
In article <[email protected]>,
OmManiPadmeOmelet <[email protected]> wrote:

> Please ignore. :)
>
> Thank you!


Yick! Did not work, let's try that again...
--
Om.

"My mother never saw the irony in calling me a son-of-a-*****." -Jack Nicholson
 
O

OmManiPadmeOmelet

Guest
In article <[email protected]>,
OmManiPadmeOmelet <[email protected]> wrote:

> In article <[email protected]>,
> OmManiPadmeOmelet <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > In article <[email protected]>,
> > OmManiPadmeOmelet <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> > > Please ignore. :)
> > >
> > > Thank you!

> >
> > Yick! Did not work, let's try that again...

>
> Last try, then I give up on this one.


Yay!

It worked this time.

Thanks for your patience... :-D
--
Om.

"My mother never saw the irony in calling me a son-of-a-*****." -Jack Nicholson
 
N

Nancy Young

Guest
"OmManiPadmeOmelet" <[email protected]> wrote

> Yay!
>
> It worked this time.
>
> Thanks for your patience... :-D


I wish I had the *vaguest* clue what you're talking about.
What faces?

nancy
 
O

OmManiPadmeOmelet

Guest
In article <[email protected]>,
"Nancy Young" <[email protected]> wrote:

> "OmManiPadmeOmelet" <[email protected]> wrote
>
> > Yay!
> >
> > It worked this time.
> >
> > Thanks for your patience... :-D

>
> I wish I had the *vaguest* clue what you're talking about.
> What faces?
>
> nancy
>
>


Depending on the newsreader, there is a signature picture that appears
in the upper left hand corner of the post. :)

You may not be seeing it......

Sorry!
--
Om.

"My mother never saw the irony in calling me a son-of-a-*****." -Jack Nicholson
 
A

aem

Guest
OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:
>
> Depending on the newsreader, there is a signature picture that appears
> in the upper left hand corner of the post. :)
>
> You may not be seeing it......
>

An 'avatar,' I think they call them. Doesn't show up on Google Groups.
-aem
 
O

OmManiPadmeOmelet

Guest
In article <[email protected]>,
"aem" <[email protected]> wrote:

> OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:
> >
> > Depending on the newsreader, there is a signature picture that appears
> > in the upper left hand corner of the post. :)
> >
> > You may not be seeing it......
> >

> An 'avatar,' I think they call them. Doesn't show up on Google Groups.
> -aem


Google should fix that. ;-)
It's one of the few things that can help foil a stalker troll that
imitates your ID.
--
Om.

"My mother never saw the irony in calling me a son-of-a-*****." -Jack Nicholson
 
A

A Ross

Guest
In article <[email protected]>,
OmManiPadmeOmelet <[email protected]> wrote:

> In article <[email protected]>,
> "Nancy Young" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > "OmManiPadmeOmelet" <[email protected]> wrote
> >
> > > Yay!
> > >
> > > It worked this time.
> > >
> > > Thanks for your patience... :-D

> >
> > I wish I had the *vaguest* clue what you're talking about.
> > What faces?
> >
> > nancy
> >
> >

>
> Depending on the newsreader, there is a signature picture that appears
> in the upper left hand corner of the post. :)
>
> You may not be seeing it......
>
> Sorry!


Looks good--MT Newswatcher is a great news reader.
 
P

~patches~

Guest
OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:

> In article <[email protected]>,
> OmManiPadmeOmelet <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>
>>Please ignore. :)
>>
>>Thank you!

>
>
> Yick! Did not work, let's try that again...



Om, I can't see anything different from your regular posts. What are
you trying to do?
 
P

~patches~

Guest
OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:

> In article <[email protected]>,
> OmManiPadmeOmelet <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>
>>In article <[email protected]>,
>> OmManiPadmeOmelet <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>
>>>In article <[email protected]>,
>>> OmManiPadmeOmelet <[email protected]> wrote:
>>>
>>>
>>>>Please ignore. :)
>>>>
>>>>Thank you!
>>>
>>>Yick! Did not work, let's try that again...

>>
>>Last try, then I give up on this one.

>
>
> Yay!
>
> It worked this time.
>
> Thanks for your patience... :-D



What's working? I don't see any difference but hey if it's working, good!
 
P

~patches~

Guest
Nancy Young wrote:

> "OmManiPadmeOmelet" <[email protected]> wrote
>
>
>>Yay!
>>
>>It worked this time.
>>
>>Thanks for your patience... :-D

>
>
> I wish I had the *vaguest* clue what you're talking about.
> What faces?
>
> nancy
>
>

Sorry Om, I'm with Nancy. I don't know what faces :(
 
A

Andy

Guest
OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:

> In article <[email protected]>,
> "aem" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:
>> >
>> > Depending on the newsreader, there is a signature picture that

appears
>> > in the upper left hand corner of the post. :)
>> >
>> > You may not be seeing it......
>> >

>> An 'avatar,' I think they call them. Doesn't show up on Google

Groups.
>> -aem

>
> Google should fix that. ;-)
> It's one of the few things that can help foil a stalker troll that
> imitates your ID.


I could copy and use your x-face if I wanted to. What gave you that idea?

--
Andy
http://tinyurl.com/dzl7h
 
P

~patches~

Guest
OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:

> In article <[email protected]>,
> "aem" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>
>>OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:
>>
>>>Depending on the newsreader, there is a signature picture that appears
>>>in the upper left hand corner of the post. :)
>>>
>>>You may not be seeing it......
>>>

>>
>>An 'avatar,' I think they call them. Doesn't show up on Google Groups.
>> -aem

>
>
> Google should fix that. ;-)
> It's one of the few things that can help foil a stalker troll that
> imitates your ID.



I'd like that feature. I'm using Mozilla and can't see any difference
in your posts :(
 
O

OmManiPadmeOmelet

Guest
In article
<[email protected]>,
A Ross <[email protected]> wrote:

> In article <[email protected]>,
> OmManiPadmeOmelet <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > In article <[email protected]>,
> > "Nancy Young" <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> > > "OmManiPadmeOmelet" <[email protected]> wrote
> > >
> > > > Yay!
> > > >
> > > > It worked this time.
> > > >
> > > > Thanks for your patience... :-D
> > >
> > > I wish I had the *vaguest* clue what you're talking about.
> > > What faces?
> > >
> > > nancy
> > >
> > >

> >
> > Depending on the newsreader, there is a signature picture that appears
> > in the upper left hand corner of the post. :)
> >
> > You may not be seeing it......
> >
> > Sorry!

>
> Looks good--MT Newswatcher is a great news reader.


Thanks! :)

I like it......
--
Om.

"My mother never saw the irony in calling me a son-of-a-*****." -Jack Nicholson
 
O

OmManiPadmeOmelet

Guest
In article <[email protected]>,
~patches~ <[email protected]> wrote:

> OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:
>
> > In article <[email protected]>,
> > OmManiPadmeOmelet <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> >
> >>Please ignore. :)
> >>
> >>Thank you!

> >
> >
> > Yick! Did not work, let's try that again...

>
>
> Om, I can't see anything different from your regular posts. What are
> you trying to do?


You might not have the right newsreader to see it.
There is a little yin-yang symbol appearing in the upper left hand
corner next to my headers.

Barb has "rolling pin lady", Andy has an Abacus and Wayne B. has a kitty
face with just the eyes.

They make for a distinctive ID signature.

Cheers!
--
Om.

"My mother never saw the irony in calling me a son-of-a-*****." -Jack Nicholson
 
O

OmManiPadmeOmelet

Guest
In article <[email protected]>,
~patches~ <[email protected]> wrote:

> OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:
>
> > In article <[email protected]>,
> > OmManiPadmeOmelet <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> >
> >>In article <[email protected]>,
> >> OmManiPadmeOmelet <[email protected]> wrote:
> >>
> >>
> >>>In article <[email protected]>,
> >>> OmManiPadmeOmelet <[email protected]> wrote:
> >>>
> >>>
> >>>>Please ignore. :)
> >>>>
> >>>>Thank you!
> >>>
> >>>Yick! Did not work, let's try that again...
> >>
> >>Last try, then I give up on this one.

> >
> >
> > Yay!
> >
> > It worked this time.
> >
> > Thanks for your patience... :-D

>
>
> What's working? I don't see any difference but hey if it's working, good!


<lol> See other posts to this effect.....

Works with MT newswatcher, not sure what other programs show an x-face.

Cheers!
--
Om.

"My mother never saw the irony in calling me a son-of-a-*****." -Jack Nicholson
 
O

OmManiPadmeOmelet

Guest
In article <[email protected]>, Andy <q>
wrote:

> OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:
>
> > In article <[email protected]>,
> > "aem" <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> >> OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:
> >> >
> >> > Depending on the newsreader, there is a signature picture that

> appears
> >> > in the upper left hand corner of the post. :)
> >> >
> >> > You may not be seeing it......
> >> >
> >> An 'avatar,' I think they call them. Doesn't show up on Google

> Groups.
> >> -aem

> >
> > Google should fix that. ;-)
> > It's one of the few things that can help foil a stalker troll that
> > imitates your ID.

>
> I could copy and use your x-face if I wanted to. What gave you that idea?


Most trolls don't bother...
I've been stalked before. :-(

Just not on this list.
--
Om.

"My mother never saw the irony in calling me a son-of-a-*****." -Jack Nicholson
 
O

OmManiPadmeOmelet

Guest
In article <[email protected]>,
~patches~ <[email protected]> wrote:

> OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:
>
> > In article <[email protected]>,
> > "aem" <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> >
> >>OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:
> >>
> >>>Depending on the newsreader, there is a signature picture that appears
> >>>in the upper left hand corner of the post. :)
> >>>
> >>>You may not be seeing it......
> >>>
> >>
> >>An 'avatar,' I think they call them. Doesn't show up on Google Groups.
> >> -aem

> >
> >
> > Google should fix that. ;-)
> > It's one of the few things that can help foil a stalker troll that
> > imitates your ID.

>
>
> I'd like that feature. I'm using Mozilla and can't see any difference
> in your posts :(


There are several other list members that use them too.
It's just a nice personalization feature that is fun.
--
Om.

"My mother never saw the irony in calling me a son-of-a-*****." -Jack Nicholson
 
D

Default User

Guest
OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:


> Works with MT newswatcher, not sure what other programs show an
> x-face.


XanaNews can do, but I have that shut off. Always kind of creeped me
out.



Brian

--
If televison's a babysitter, the Internet is a drunk librarian who
won't shut up.
-- Dorothy Gambrell (http://catandgirl.com)